UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lindfors Watch

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, in summation so far:

Game Date Points Average Outcome Record Opponent

1 19-Nov 30 30.00 W 1-0 Lisle

2 20-Nov 24 27.00 W 2-0 Maine West

3 21-Nov 25 26.33 L 2-1 Timothy Christian

4 23-Nov 42 30.25 W 3-1 Montini

5 24-Nov 15 27.20 L 3-2 North Lawndale

People have been wondering how UA would survive after Jamar's departure.

I am much more concerned about Driscoll after Lindfors's graduation. What numbers that kid is throwing up!

In Chicago paper today- dailyherald.com

Big man, big start: One of the area's top big men, Driscoll's 6-10 Jake Lindfors, fairly dominated at the Lisle Thanksgiving Tournament.

Lindfors showed why Division I Albany offered him a scholarship after averaging 27.2 points, 14 rebounds and 2 blocked shots in five games at Lisle.

Lindfors scored 42 points with 16 rebounds against Montini, and 25 points with 20 rebounds in a loss to Timothy Christian.

With Highlanders point guard Austin Baker and guard-wing David Schwabe occupied with the state football championships, Driscoll coach Nick Latorre also asked Lindfors to handle the ball.

"He's scoring for us," Latorre said. "He's really done a pretty good job of helping us with handling the ball given our personnel situation that we're in. You certainly can't complain with (averages of) 27 and 14."

Being put in a new position as ballhandler, Lindfors made his share of turnovers in the tournament -- most in the category of "trying to do too much."

"He's trying to make the great pass," Latorre said. "And not being an experienced guard, never in his life has he been asked to bring the ball up."

Driscoll fell to North Lawndale the last day of the tournament -- last year's Class AA runner-up, Lawndale went 5-0 -- but the Highlanders would have liked to have back their 58-56 loss to Timothy Christian.

Driscoll missed a pair of free throws with six seconds left that could have clinched the win. Timothy's 5-6 hustling guard, Andrew Logan, dribbled down and smacked a running 3-pointer off the backboard for the win.

Article with some information on Lindfors and his team:

Statement Game

Marmion's defense figures to have its hands full too. The Highlanders are led by 6-foot-9 Jake Lindfors, who last month signed a letter of intent with the University of Albany (N.Y.).

Lindfors averaged 17.6 points and 9.5 rebounds last season. He is the son of Ron Lindfors, who was the center for John McDougal's Northern Illinois team that made it to the NCAA tournament in 1982.

"He is a very skilled big man who can score on the low block or from beyond the arc," said coach Will Brown, who has taken Albany to the NCAA tournament two straight years.

Jake new ranking by ChicagoHoops.com just came out.

Pre Summer they ranked him 50th

Late Summer he was up to 35th

Currently 20th.

Chicago Hoops

Updated December 12, 2007

Email Questions/Comments To brian@chicagohoops.com

Rank Player Height Position School

1. Mike Dunigan

MeanStreets 6-10 Center Chicago Farragut

2. Iman Shumpert

Full Package 6-4 Point Guard Oak Park-River Forest

3. Aziz N'diaye 7-0 Center Lake Forest Academy

4. Matthew Humphrey

MeanStreets 6-5 Shooting Guard Chicago Hales Franciscan

5. Lewis Jackson

Indiana Elite 5-9 Point Guard Decatur Eisenhower

6. Josh Crittle

MeanStreets 6-8 Center Chicago Hales Franciscan

7. Kevin Dillard

MeanStreets 6-0 Point Guard Homewood-Flossmoor

8. Stan Simpson

Illinois Warriors 6-9 Power Forward Chicago Simeon

9. John Shurna

Illinois Wolves 6-8 Forward Glenbard West

10. Brett Thompson

Illinois Warriors 6-11 Center Vienna

11. Matt Roth

Indiana Elite 6-2 Shooting Guard Washington

12. Jeremy Robinson

Team Illinois 6-8 Power Forward Decatur Eisenhower

13. Dion Dixon

Chicago Express 6-3 Shooting Guard Chicago Crane

14. Kenyon Smith

Chicago Express 6-0 Point Guard Chicago Simeon

15. Ryan Hare

Illinois Fire 6-4 Small Forward Chicago Marshall

15. John Moran

Illinois Wolves 6-0 Point Guard Jacobs

15. Nick Fruendt

Illinois Wolves 6-5 Guard/Forward Batavia

18. Verdell Jones

Ft. Sooy 6-3 Point Guard Champaign Central

19. Carl Richard

Ferrari 6-5 Small Forward Richards

20. Jake Lindfors

Rising Stars 6-9 Forward/Center Driscoll

Thanks for the update Patch. Lindfors has climbed over Luke Fabrizius in the rankings.

I was wondering where Fabrizius went. It's good to see we may be ahead of Dayton on this one even if these forecasts are an imperfect science and even if Dayton appears to be in all-around good shape.

The best news is that he can 'shoot from beyond the arc' because that's pretty much our offense. - King Dane

Your opinion is every bit as good (if not better) as mine. I guess what you want to see you will see. After reading your opinion I went to the Official AE site to check it out.

For the record the AE stats say, we're about avg in taking threes this season.....

1. Hartford 24.9 pg

2. UNH 24.2

3. Boston U 21.5

4. Binghamton 21.4

5. UA 18.6

6. UMBC 18

7. UVM 14.6

8. Maine 14.1

9. Stony Brook 14

Taking 18.6 threes a game puts us middle of the pack. The three point shot is a big part of today's game.

What's interesting with our NCAA teams of 06 (32g/ 589 threes) & 07 (33g/607 threes) we avg. just around 18.4 3pfg per game. To me it seems the system has worked for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The craziness of the FT situations the last 2 road games is odd and I don't know how that is adjusted. We gave up 47 FTs at Delaware and we went to the FT line "0" times at Bonnies.

Now those are two stat lines that are mind boggling and I have no answers or opinions about how they came about.

47 FTs for one team in a relatively close game is mind boggling.

0 FTs in the other game is also mind boggling especially in a close physical game. We never were even in a bonus situation in either half.

From Chicagohoops.com

6-9 Albany-bound Driscoll star Jake Lindfors is off to a powerful start to his senior year, and is looking like a bona fide All-Stater. Lindfors, who saw his recruiting stock soar over the summer, is putting up fat numbers every time he hits the floor. Lindfors best effort thus far has been a 42-point, 16-rebound game against Montini.

This guy looks more and more like a huge steal for us.

Yes it does. Hopefully these three recruits pan out for us. They all seem like real good ball players. Anyone know what kind of competition Lindfors is facing? or Aronhalt? I'm assuming Raffa is playing some tough competition being at prep school.

Lindfors goes for 26

Lindfors, Driscoll bang past Knights

By Joshua Welge | Daily Herald StaffContact writerPublished: 12/15/2007 1:38 AMSend To:

A slow start couldn't stop Jake Lindfors from having another big night.

Driscoll's 6-foot-10 senior missed 3 of his first 4 shots Friday against Immaculate Conception. The Highlanders turned the ball over 8 times in the first quarter.

But Lindfors threw down a one-handed breakaway dunk in the last minute of the quarter and went on to score 26 points with 11 rebounds in Driscoll's 59-34 Suburban Catholic Conference boys basketball win in Elmhurst.

"We started off very sloppy both ways," Lindfors said. "I don't know if we ever picked it up, but I think our defense is what got us through."

Lindfors and Driscoll (6-2, 2-0) won the battle of standout conference big men with IC and Matt Purdom.

Purdom went to the bench with 4 fouls and 4 points with five minutes left in the third quarter and Driscoll leading 31-22.

Without Purdom's 6-5 frame clogging the lane, Lindfors scored 6 points in Driscoll's 10-3 run to end the quarter. IC (4-3, 2-1) never pulled closer than 15 the rest of the way. Lindfors had 12 of his 26 points in the quarter.

"Anytime you take out a guy that can bang with me I'm going to do some damage," Lindfors said. "When he went out, there was no stopping us."

"We kept Lindfors kind of at bay and Purdom went at him defensively," IC coach Darren Howard said, "but once Purdom and Alex (Jacobo) got in foul trouble we obviously had trouble with the matchup."

Driscoll led 14-13 after a sloppy first quarter that featured a combined 20 turnovers.

The Highlanders opened the second with a quick 8-0 spurt. David Schwabe scored inside, then fed Lindfors and Kevin Bain for back-to-back 3-pointers to make it 22-13.

"It was sloppy both ways, with a bunch of turnovers," Driscoll coach Nick Latorre said. "We were fortunate to knock down some shots."

Matt Kaban had 12 points and 10 rebounds, and Schwabe 7 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists and 5 steals for Driscoll. The Highlanders kept pace with Aurora Central Catholic atop the conference standings in the early going.

"It was a hard-fought game," Latorre said. "Their kids played us tough. They didn't back down one bit."

Purdom and Brendan Ryan scored 8 points for IC. Jacobo added 7.

"Overall I was happy with how we did," Howard said. "I think that they're the best team in the conference. Until midway through the third quarter I thought we played pretty well."

Archived