UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lindfors Watch

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to see him live to more properly gage his mobility. All in due time though...all in due time. From what I've been reading he can take you inside or out, should be nice to have a player who can hurt you consistently from the paint to the three point line.

I'd like to see if he has a swagger about him. With recent concerns about the current team's toughness, a little fire would be nice.

I do not think Raffa is lagging in that category, and Aronhalt looks pretty confident himself.

Another Driscoll article.... I added the OUCH in the article

Driscoll reels in ACC

By David Oberhelman | Daily Herald StaffContact writerPublished: 2/3/2008 3:46 PMSend To:

Saturday against Aurora Central Catholic the 6-foot-10 Driscoll senior was 5 of 24 (OUCH)from the floor but 16 of 16 on free throws for game highs of 26 points and 16 rebounds.

"If you said he's going to be 5 for 24, I'd say we're probably going to struggle," said Driscoll coach Nick Latorre.

A struggle it was, each shot and possession contested. Before a snarling, fire-code-violation crowd in Addison, Driscoll beat ACC 67-57 in a Suburban Catholic Conference boys basketball game with title implications.

"If I looked at those numbers I wouldn't have thought we had a chance," Lindfors said of his shooting stats.

"But luckily we hit free throws (25 of 27), Dave Schwabe played big, Justin (Hejza) played good, Matt (Kaban) played good. So luckily other people stepped up, picked me up, and we came out with a win."

ACC (21-3, 10-2) holds a half-game lead on Driscoll with two left in the SCC. Driscoll (17-7, 9-2), which lost to ACC in the first meeting, has three left, including a Saturday date against 8-2 St. Francis.

"We're hoping for a tie, is our best-case scenario," said ACC coach Nathan Drye, "staggered" by foul calls that had both 6-6 Nick Czaja and 6-1 banger Mike Adams foul out in the fourth quarter.

Their absences didn't help all-star forward Mark Adams, who led the Chargers with 17 points despite playing 31 minutes on a bum ankle.

"I think the phantom fouls kind of hurt us," Drye said.

"We kind of expected it just because of the tradition they have here at Driscoll, kind of," said Czaja, who scored 15 points. "We knew we had to play smart, but it's hard, and we fell back into foul trouble again."

Czaja's 8-point first quarter had the Chargers up 16-13 going into the second, and ACC led 24-21 with 4:35 left to play before halftime.

Driscoll answered with a 9-0 run to close the half, begun on Hejza's 3-pointer and ended on Schwabe's 7-foot floater just before the horn for a 30-24 Driscoll lead.

ACC never again went ahead and faced a 47-37 deficit in the third quarter.

"That was their big run," Mark Adams said. "We could have went down, but we came back, and then we just couldn't finish it up."

Kaban joined Lindfors at the foul line in the fourth quarter; with Czaja out the two big men and Schwabe combined to hit 14 of 14. Kaban finished with 20 points, Schwabe with 15.

ACC relied on 3-pointers by Anthony Kelley, Brian O'Donnell and Mark Andrews to stay within 59-56 of Driscoll with 1:53 to play. After Mike Adams fouled out Kaban and Lindfors paced an 8-1 run to end the game.

"You can't stop a guy like (Lindfors) -- 6-10 that can shoot the 3 and then try to foul him and he makes all his free throws. He's not like Ben Wallace," Schwabe said.

Lindfors's team earns a split of the Suburban Catholic Conference title, handling Montini.

Lindfors goes for 22 and 14:

Lindfors Last Regular Season Game

"We had to get the attitude in our head that if we want to do any damage in the second half of the season we had to come together," said Driscoll senior Jake Lindfors, whose 22 points and 14 rebounds led all players.

"I just got the attitude that we were not going to lose any more. It wasn't going to happen."

"We played our 21-box-and-one defense against Lindfors," Walsh said. "Holding him to 12 points was key. He is a great player. In the fourth quarter we all got open offensively and hit our free throws. This was a great atmosphere to win the regional title in our own building."

Here's an interesting example of poor reporting:

Driscoll 71, Northridge Prep 55

Reader's Comment: "This story headline is incorrect and so is the first sentence. Driscoll did not play or beat Northridge Prep on Feb. 20, 2008. On that date, Northridge played and beat St. Benedict and then went on to upset and beat Driscoll on Friday, Feb. 22, thus winning the Regional championship."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived