UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lindfors Watch

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much info here, but it's always nice to see an Albany recruit mentioned.

MidStateHoops.com Apical Echelon Power Performers

Class of 2008

#24 PF Jake Lindors

Addison (IL) Driscoll

Rising Stars 6'9" 200

SIGNED TO ALBANY

The Albany recruit is averaging better than 25 points and 11 rebounds.

http://www.midstatehoops.com/articles/2008/2008mid.html

In 2 close (by 5 & 3), low scoring wins - Jake scored 51 of his teams 107points

Driscoll Catholic's Jake Lindfors

Daily Herald Players of the Week

Published: 1/25/2008

Jake Lindfors

Driscoll

The 6-foot-10 senior scored 51 points in two Suburban Catholic Conference wins. The Albany-bound center scored 26 points with 11 rebounds in a 59-54 win over Immaculate Conception. Then Lindfors got Driscoll back in the SCC race with 25 points, 16 rebounds and 3 blocks in a 48-45 win over St. Francis.

Besides another UA reference in the Chicago papers, we get this quote from the opposing coach:

"(Lindfors) is a heck of a ball player, he can really fill it up in a hurry," Chuipek said.

Now, if we could just get him to be a jerk the team will be all set.

Found this thread regarding Jake on a Bradley forum......take what was said with a pound of salt but this is some interesting chatter, especially second to last post from Cavan Walsh which I'll post here. He supposedly is a talent writer/scout/evaluator for Illinoisehsbasketball.com

"Today at 8:00 P.M., Jake Lindfors a 2008 verbally pledged his college intentions to the University of Albany. Jake is a highly versatile big man that can mix it up inside and out. “After my game tonight at the Joy of the Game I went in the back room with Coach Weinstein, and we called Albany and told them I was coming,” stated Lindfors. “I can't thank my parents enough for helping and supporting me through the whole process. My best pal David Schwabe was with me the whole time and I can’t thank him enough, we are going to make some noise this year.”

Lindfors has a huge upside at 6-10 with his ability to play inside and outside, and will surely be a force to reckon with this upcoming season and in college. Lindfors had a very successfully junior season for the Driscoll Catholic Highlanders and carried it over into AAU. Lindfors was garnering eyes from all levels and had many schools with very high interest levels. Western Illinois, Eastern Illinois, Illinois State, Eastern Kentucky, UW-Milwaukee, and Florida Gulf-Coast all offered. DePaul was looking at him, and Northwestern University of the Big Ten also made a late push for Lindfors.

“I could have waited and gone bigger. I had Northwestern and DePaul looking at me. I just thought you know there was no reason to have them wait anymore. I knew this is what I wanted and what was the best fit for me and I called every other coach personally to let them know.

“It was just perfect it had the four things I was looking for: good coaches, great team chemistry, great school, and opportunity to play a lot,” stated Lindfors.

Many programs come into to the Chicago-land area to recruit, and some are successful while others are not. Albany has proven they can now come in and recruit the Chicago-land area as they received the verbal commitment from Driscoll Catholic star Jake Lindfors have two other Great Danes from the Chicago-land area in Jimmy Covington (Morgan Park) and Rob Moores (York). Assistant Coach Chad O’Donnell has been the main recruiter for Chicago and is one of the reason Lindfors committed. “He is a class act guy; I have never been this close with a coach. We joke around all the time, sometimes just about weird stuff. He calls me all the time, he is also flying out when ever he can with his pregnant wife. He said I am the most recruited guy in his 4 years.”

Lindfors is seventh member of the 17u Rising Star's team to verbally commit his college intentions. The other commitments include Cully Payne (DePaul), Chris Wroblewski (Cornell), Peter Boehm (Harvard), Kevin Stineman (SIU-E), Jack Boehm (Bucknell: Baseball), and Jon Bagge (Hillsdale).

Above is the story I wrote on Lindfors when he committed. Jake was great in sharing his insight during his recruiting and always giving updates and his thoughts on this and that. As I am browsing this board I am also writing a story on him that should be out within the next few days. Lindfors could have gone bigger at the end of the summer at AAU Nationals in Orlando he went off and had many schools talking with him and checking him out in open gyms and etc. Paul Biancardi now an asst. coach at SLU was working for ESPN at the time and covering the event and valued Lindfors as a high-major talent and loved his versatility.

Lindfors had big-time intrest from ISU they condcucted an in-home visit and also got an official visit in which they were pushing for him to commit. Also EKU, WIU, UW-MIL, Miami (OH), Northwestern, and others were all having serious inquires with Jake. Northwestern was scheduled to have a private workout with him one day before he committed. He was an under the radar player who isn't overrated. Hands down Albany did a great job evaluting him before many other schools even knew who he was and they have mad two straight NCAA tournaments."

Archived