UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lord- It gets better and better on that board; Check this out:

Dane96

Get it through your thick skull. The post was in response to an attack on the league, not Siena. Therefore, making reference to the accomplishments of other MAAC members is appropriate.

You're right, ignorance must be bliss.

Again lets talk maac football. Compare it to Albany football that you are trying to bad mouth if you like.

I'm not bad mouthing Albany football. I just don't care about none-BCS college football.

I'm actually glad Siena dropped thier football program and dedicatred their resources to other sports. Unless you are in a BCS conference, football is a losing proposition for the school. Furthermoe, it garners little if any national attention and is only followed by the alumni of that institution.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get it through your thick skull. The post was in response to an attack on the league, not Siena. Therefore, making reference to the accomplishments of other MAAC members is appropriate.

You're right, ignorance must be bliss.

Again lets talk maac football. Compare it to Albany football that you are trying to bad mouth if you like.

I'm not bad mouthing Albany football. I just don't care about none-BCS college football.

I'm actually glad Siena dropped thier football program and dedicatred their resources to other sports. Unless you are in a BCS conference, football is a losing proposition for the school. Furthermoe, it garners little if any national attention and is only followed by the alumni of that institution.

So now the determining factor is what you care about. I don't care about Marist women's basketball and I doubt too many outside their alumni do, so I don't make posts about them. No one here cares which sports you care about and it has nothing to do with the maac being a dying league.

Apparently, ESPN cares alot more about Marist basketball than Albany football based on their coverage of the teams.

Or is that not a good enough barometer for you, Slob87.

Out of curiosity, are you basing the relative importance of a team/sport/program based on ESPN television or on ESPN web coverage?

Apparently, ESPN cares alot more about Marist basketball than Albany football based on their coverage of the teams.

Given your difficulties with everything else including a 3 letter name, I would be shocked if you knew how to find things on ESPN.com.

saints73 - you are an ammusing pest.

Look, the bottom line is - Siena Hoops has been weak this century and the MAAC basketball wise has an average conference RPI of 18.7 which makes you a Low Mid major.

The MAAC has bounced up and down from the mid teens to the low 20s in conference RPI which isn't tremendously impressive for schools who have rich tradition and history at the DI level.

As for Siena's Hoops your last regular season conference championship was at the turn of the century the 1999/2000 season and even then you choked in the MAAC Tourney. Other than that you placed 2nd in 2000/2001 and since then you have been a middle of the pack program finishing no higher then tied for 3rd (3/4) twice, 4th once, 6th once, 6/7 once and 10th once.

The "Crown Jewel of the MAAC" you aren't.

At UA we are realists we understand the program is still at its infancy and will struggle at times but we have been to the Dance twice as many times as you this century.

I know it's a hard pill to swallow to swallow it you may need a big glass of Green Koolaid to wash it down but that what has happened this CENTURY.

Bottom line:

The University at Albany, 1844, is the far superior in education and athletics.

Everyone needs a little lovin. The little Saints should thank their lucky stars that they have a decent basketball team.

Anyone have a link to that siena board so I can make my presence felt.................

By the way, UAlbany 'Danes' Siena in just about everything. We might as well Dane them this weekend too.

Patch, you have an awfully lot to say.

Siena will do their talking on the court starting Saturday night about 7:15pm - actually starting at 5pm with the women.

Most of your comrads on the $iena board disagree with you on many points.

You're preaching about how Cornell is a Hell of a team, one which will win the ivy league.

The others over there seem to be embarrassed and realize how much of a reality check it was for $iena to lose to Cornell. The others also were stating that UAlbany is a much better team than Cornell, and the $iena team better get its act together quickly.

But you seem to be the odd ball out over there... you give the edge to $iena on every position on the floor, offense and defense. Dude, is the $iena men's basketball team the only thing you have in your life? For you to be THIS dillusional, something might be slighly off in that head of yours.

Living in La La Land boy.

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Nov 27 2007, 01:36 PM) 28217[/snapback]

Out of curiosity, are you basing the relative importance of a team/sport/program based on ESPN television or on ESPN web coverage?

I'll answer a question with a question. How does ESPN decide what stories to cover on Sportcenter, games to broadcast on their family of networks, and stories to report on their website?

I'll answer for you. It's fan interest.

I'm sorry that women's basketball is a bigger story than low division I football, but that's the reality.

BTW, Snatch, it's spelled 'amusing.'

Archived