UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's Basketball (1-8) vs Detroit Mercy (0-7)

Women's Baskeball loses another, to a winless Detroit Mercy.

UAlbany

FGs - 17/52 - 33%

3PT - 1/12 - 8%

Turn Overs - 18

Detroit Mercy

FGs - 19/53 - 36%

3PT - 2/11 - 18%

Turn Overs - 24

The argument about being close in every game is starting to get old..

New records: UAlbany (1-9) vs Detroit Mercy (1-7)

330 Albany 1-9 0.3126 309 0.3874 Aeast 0-0

331 Eastern Wash. 1-6 0.3020 313 0.3782 Bsky 0-0

332 Western Ill. 0-6 0.2800 318 0.3733 Midco 0-0

333 Gardner-Webb 0-8 0.2701 325 0.3601 Atsun 0-0

334 Central Arkansas 1-5 0.2696 334 0.2908 Sland 0-0

335 San Jose St. 1-7 0.2615 336 0.2904 Wac 0-0

336 Grambling St. 0-4 0.2180 335 0.2906 Swac 0-0

337 Idaho 0-8 0.1970 337 0.2626 Wac 0-0

338 Fla Gulf Coast 0-0 0.0000 339 0.0000 Atsun 0-0

339 Longwood 0-0 0.0000 338 0.0000 Indp 0-0

340 Virginia Military 0-0 0.0000 341 0.0000 Bsou 0-0

When I was the broadcaster for the team I was a staunch supporter of Coach Patterson, she was feeling heat from this board when her team was .500 and finished 4th in the league. I think a lot of that was frustration over the Coach Brown contract which had not been finalized despite marked improvement and coach Patterson had received an extension. I think Coach Patterson is a great person and was very good to me and WCDB. However, the proof is in the pudding. Every year we hear about how great the recruits are but if she can't bring them together then whats the point? If they are that great then should have beaten winless Detroit-Mercy. This team needs a coach with better experience in a strong mid-major conference like the America East, or an assistant off a Major team. With the successes from the other programs at UA I don't see how this can be a problem. Honestly, two people that immediately come to mind are Jamelle Elliot from UConn or Shea Ralph at Pitt. Hartford had a good model, I say if we can't beat 'em join 'em.

When I was the broadcaster for the team I was a staunch supporter of Coach Patterson, she was feeling heat from this board when her team was .500 and finished 4th in the league. I think a lot of that was frustration over the Coach Brown contract which had not been finalized despite marked improvement and coach Patterson had received an extension. I think Coach Patterson is a great person and was very good to me and WCDB. However, the proof is in the pudding. Every year we hear about how great the recruits are but if she can't bring them together then whats the point? If they are that great then should have beaten winless Detroit-Mercy. This team needs a coach with better experience in a strong mid-major conference like the America East, or an assistant off a Major team. With the successes from the other programs at UA I don't see how this can be a problem. Honestly, two people that immediately come to mind are Jamelle Elliot from UConn or Shea Ralph at Pitt. Hartford had a good model, I say if we can't beat 'em join 'em.

Excellent Post---In total agreement. We always hear about the great recruits. We can have a top notch program. Why not have one?

I have no problem if she wants to become a full-time recruiter. Just keep her away from the bench.

Guys, I think we all made our respective points. No need to rub salt in the wounds. Barring Dolanesque decision making, I think McElroy has this under control and will make the right choices for the school.

Nicely said, 96. This situation has to be a lot harder on the coaches than the casual fan, so I will make a concerted personal effort to not post negatively about it anymore.

Guys, I think we all made our respective points. No need to rub salt in the wounds. Barring Dolanesque decision making, I think McElroy has this under control and will make the right choices for the school.

McElroy seems to be very Dolanesque when it comes to the Women's Program. If it isn't working.....Well....you know......

McElroy seems to be very Dolanesque when it comes to the Women's Program. If it isn't working.....Well....you know......

It hurts and pains my eyes to read they lost again and to a winless team!!

I have faith in McElroy doing what is right for the current team and the future team. I wish them all well but a change is needed if this does not improve.

Archived