UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Three pro-UAlbany sports letters in today's TU

scrabbleship

Two letters on the UA/$iena rivalry, one take a dig into Ettkin's $iena lovefest from last week, the other suggests we have a home-and-home with $iena at the TUC.

Also, John Furgele of Delmar says that building the stadium is best for the university and the community.

I was happy to log in this morning and see those articles in the TU. Nice to hear the voice of Dane Nation loud and clear... too soon? Hah ha, I have Gator Nation on the brain with all the inter-office Heisman arguments, I mean conversations.

Good articles.

I especially like the stadium article. Its well thought-out and I like the way he tried to put the inevitable politics aside and analyze it for what it really is.

I expect to see a flury of anti-stadium and anti-athletics articles in the next week or so.

Good articles.

I especially like the stadium article. Its well thought-out and I like the way he tried to put the inevitable politics aside and analyze it for what it really is.

I expect to see a flury of anti-stadium and anti-athletics articles in the next week or so.

As much as I was happy these articles were positive toward the stadium, I have to agree with you Dane Fan. It is inevitable that we will have a new round of negative articles to counter this positive article. The TU usually likes a 2:1 ratio of negative to positive. I have to wonder why the TU keeps posting these letters to the editor? Personally, I think it's because the TU is against the stadium and they want to keep the stadium story alive. The stadium has been public information for months. This is no longer news. I would prefer the articles to end. We need quiet lobbying by our President, AD, local representatives and major contributors. We deserve this stadium. The national image of Albany, New York and SUNY would benefit from this stadium. The way it's going to happen is with quiet lobbying not public arguments in the TU. This stadium isn't going to break the state's budget and people should stop writing in as if it will be paid for with their SEFCU Xmas fund.

Let the haters hate. There will always be malcontents and disgruntled people. The TU shouldn't post their articles again. They made their point many times over. The TU should be better than that. I'll be watching the TU and hoping they don't continue their trail of negativity.

Agreed, at this point, letters to the editor are meaningless, either way in my opinion.

Why in the world would the Times Union be against a football stadium?

It seems to me that any casual athletics fan, die hard fans, Albany and Capital District business, local colleges, high schools, etc... would all favor a stadium at UAlbany. It's a win win for everyone.

Some people just don't like athletics, although athletics is responsible for a huge number of positive things. In terms of the University, successful athletics pulls in higher talented athletes and higher intelligent students, who want the entertainment of athletics and want to support their University.

It is typically the non-athletic types, one that were never good in athletics, or never participated in the sports culture, that complain about supporting athletics. Or its a professor, which typically hates athletics for the very same reasons...

Ask one of the 100,000+ fans in Baton Rouge why the State School LSU is so important to their lives, because it brings the community at large together, giving them an identity as well. They take pride in their home and their local team. It's the men, women, and children all wearing their purple and gold. Why, because they have become apart of LSU.

Give me a break. Funding from the State has no impact on any particular individual. The money will be spent somewhere else, and it's all a part of the NYS tax cycle.. which has been going for more than a century in regards to SUNY spending.

It's about time New York State and the Albany area, started getting their heads out of their Kazzoos. Its time for them to start taking pride in the University of New York system, and start improving the University Centers to be nationally competetive in all aspects of the Universities, specifically in the programs that have proven success.

Buffalo and Albany should be football and basketball powerhouses.

And Albany already become a national powerhouse in lacrosse. For that alone, we should have a lacrosse stadium, not just field with bleachers. It will be interesting to see how John Fallon Field will transform.

It's very hard for me to comprehend why they neglected athletics for so long... when other State Unviersity systems flourished....

Agreed, at this point, letters to the editor are meaningless, either way in my opinion.

Why in the world would the Times Union be against a football stadium?

Because a football stadium might dig into the place they paid big money to sponsor: the TUC.

It's a hypothetical October afternoon and UA is playing UMass at the new stadium while a River Rats/Rochester Americans game is taking place at the TUC. Would the TU want people at the place which is NOT a promotional tool for their newspaper? I don't think so.

It's very hard for me to comprehend why they neglected athletics for so long... when other State Unviersity systems flourished....

Because SUNY as a system came late to the party and they were under the grip of those intellectuals that deemed athletics to be not that necessary. It's hard to compare schools that have been in their current state for 40-45 years (with a fraction of that time at D-I) to schools that have been doing it for over a century.

I don't see much friction in competing for events... it would be like apples and oranges.

There may be a few instances, but very few.

If that is their only worry, two games being played simulataneously, rest assured that the Pepsi Arena coordinators will be avoiding as many scheduling conflicts as they can.

After all, most of the games played at the new Stadium would be pre scheduled a year in advance, at least NCAA games.

And most would be daytime events, I would assume.

I would assume most sporting events at the Pepsi would be evening, not all but most. The Pepsi staff can schedule accordingly, and the TU can delight in the fact that people are being brainwashed with their sponsorship.

I could see how the TU might have their heads that far up their wing wang, they wouldn't see the reasoning behind how a stadium can benefit everyone. Maybe every penny counts to dinky little TU.

Maybe the Schenctady Gazzette will sponsor the stadium !!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the Editor of the TU hasn't the foresight to see what a stadium and strong UA could do for not only the community but the TU as a business is beyond me. Imagine the increase in circulation if UA became a major national athletic competitor. The TU could, in a generous estimate, double its subscrptions immediately.

I don't understand why all parties, including, the surrounding communities (Albany County Gov't) are not embracing UAlbany as an up-an-coming national university.

Archived