UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Murphy's show canned?

GreatDanes06

I won on 'Name that Sports Guy' yesterday, when somebody was filling in for Murphy.

Did this purportedly occur today (Myers was on in the car today).

That would stink because:

A) We need more local voices.

B) 'Name that Sports Guy' can be an easy way to win some cool prizes. (Take it from a four-time winner in the last six months.)

my friend told me today his show got canned? Is this true?

A blurb that will probably be in today's TU confirms the story. As pessimistic as Murphy could be and given how much he perseverated on high school sports, he at least was a local voice in a market that needs them given the circumstances of press coverage. One of the area radio boards, which themselves are in a state of flux, theorizes that 980 might be in talks to bring Mike & the Mad Dog back to the market after WROW recently dumped them. If that happens, good business move (980's been in a world of hurt since dumping Imus at the end of last year and The Team's move to FM).

Archived