UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

guard wise

Ok, i was at todays game and i noticed something very good from the win that has to happen more. i know its both of their frosh year but i think starting at duke or beginning of conference play that Josh Martin and Tim Ambrose should start for albany 1 and 2, moving Brian Lilis to the 3 spot than connelly at the 5 with brent at the 4. in the second half we moved the ball around a lot more. Yeah, i know that foul trouble and wild play is a main factor but once these 2 start i think they will get to know the game better. even Al turley had a better game with those blocks and the 3 pts. will brown is going to have to accept that we need to start winning now. GOOD effort from the team today diving for balls and with the defense.

wait wait wait jon iati is a good shooter but i am talking about the freshman Josh Martin and Tim Ambrose...its apparent to me that they get no burn because they are not fan favorites but in due time they will be. its college basketball anyone could be the next fan favorite.

...its apparent to me that they get no burn because they are not fan favorites -alexfamous

That's one ridiculous statement.

That depends on what 'burn' means - playing time or support on the forum?

Sometimes standard English is necessary for older posters

wait wait wait jon iati is a good shooter but i am talking about the freshman Josh Martin and Tim Ambrose...its apparent to me that they get no burn because they are not fan favorites but in due time they will be. its college basketball anyone could be the next fan favorite.

alex,

With all due respect, both Josh and Timmy have been major cogs...and if "burn" mean playing time. They have been major pieces of this team.

i am very sorry for those people who do not understand the concept of "burn" it is, as bosiydid stated which is, playing time. since delaware and st bona, teams i think we could beat, its been easy to realize that the difference between last years team and this years is the lack of tempo and rhythm that the guards present. i mean as of right now no one could replace jason siggers and jamar wilson, but we have come close in josh martin and tim ambrose. oh one last thing tim ambrose scored 17.

John Iati is a baller, gives 110%, was AE Rookie of the Year, and is a fan favorite. All this has been stated over and over and over again on this board and its all true. The game has changed, though, and he has changed. Whether its his back or his size or his skill, he's become a detriment too often and his performance does not warrant his playing time. He's costing us on both ends of the floor.

i am very sorry for those people who do not understand the concept of "burn" it is, as bosiydid stated which is, playing time. since delaware and st bona, teams i think we could beat, its been easy to realize that the difference between last years team and this years is the lack of tempo and rhythm that the guards present. i mean as of right now no one could replace jason siggers and jamar wilson, but we have come close in josh martin and tim ambrose. oh one last thing tim ambrose scored 17.

alex,

I have to differ with your assesment. There is currently no Jamar or Jason on this team. Timmy COULD one day be a Jamar type player and a leader on this team but 9 games into the season hasn't done anywhere near enough to get those accolades. It's simply much to early to put that kind of pressure on the young man, give him time to mature and grow and see what happens. Josh, quite possible is the first true point this program has ever had. As you probably know, the PG position is one of the hardest if not the hardest to learn. Again, this young man in 9 games into his collegiate career.

This team has the talent but not the experience nor the maturity to rival the Jamar/Jason led teams. Our vets Brent/Brian were excellent complimentary pieces to the same Jamar/Jason team but have never had to lead the program and were never looked at as first options on offense. The order was Jamar, Jason, Brent and then Lillis. No knock intended against them but they are limited in what they can do, even though I'm pleasantly surprised with Brian's offensive game this season. We need that from him....Brent is pretty much the same player he was last year. Taking charges, opening up the court with his outside shooting. Iati as KingDane expended on IMO does not deserve nearly the amount of burn he's getting. If it's his injuries that are preventing him from hitting outside shots then rest him some more....currently he's averaging 23mpg and shooting 29% from the field and 26% from 3 point range.....I'm sorry, with that much playing time that IS NOT getting it done. Coach Brown isn't stupid, on the contrary he's always shown that he knows what he's doing....if Timmy continues to play like he is, look for him to seriously start cutting into Iati's minutes. I appreciate what John has done for us, the kid has fought through a number of injuries, surgeries etc. But at this point in his career....he is what he is.

oh one last thing tim ambrose scored 17.

17 points in 16 minutes of playing time!

It's pretty early in their careers to compare them to establish players but both Martin and Ambrose are this fans favorites. To me our offense has looked better when Ambrose is on the floor and that's resulted in better shots for everyone else. His ability to drive and finish or pull-up for a jumper puts pressure on defenses. I'm not sure I'm ready to see him start just because he still seems foul prone but I look forward to seeing a lot more of him in the future.

HAHAHA ok everybody who thinks that tim ambrose is a very immature or not reliable can now change their minds because he was the only one who was scoring. so, i guess since he is a freshman he wont start but now he can definitely be the first one off the bench. i am not saying he will be better than jamar but he has the talent and hopefully brings more leadership to the team as we head into conference play.

Archived