UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Report Cards

I'm a little dissapointed in the W/L record. I thought there were a few games we should/could have won(St.Bona, Bosie st,UNH,Del,Bucknell). I think this team can still pull it together and make a run at a 3rd title. When everyone is playing right, were a tough team to beat. Its just been difficult to put it all together. I think the peices are there. We need to find some more reliable scoring options other than Lillis(who has been unbelievable, this kid has carried this team the last few games). We need to play defense with a tougher attitude and get the swagger we've had the last few years back. I think there is enough time left to get it going and I have faith that Coach will be able to pull the guys together and get it done. The future for this program is bright IMHO.

If you want to know the state of the team read Coach Brown's Blog and you start realize our depth has been taken away and the team doesn't even have 10 players to practice.

Walk On out sick

Iati a busted up toe

Reed and Billy out for the season

Josh out indefinitely

I love how our program is more accessible. Aside from just having more exposure, and the occassional game on national TV etc, it is very refreshing to have an inside perspective from Coach Brown. Especially given the way the T.U reports (or doesn't), sometimes we have no idea what the heck is going on.

As for my report card - since I started the topic:

Team:

1)Record: B-/C+

A lot of people classified this year as a rebuilding year and as such, we shouldn't be expected to do too much. However, with the AE down drastically, we should have a slightly better record. In addition, there were several games we should have won and basically handed to the other teams.

2)Team Offense: B-

We havent really gelled yet - injuries have plagued our chemistry

3)Team defense: C

Aside from Lillis, there hasn't been a lock down defender. Hastings has shown signs of promise.

4)Team Character: B

The team is very young and developing. They don't have that swagger yet, but most of them don't know how to act as though they are the champions of the AE, simply because they either weren't here when it happened or didn't play major roles. Hopefully this changes throughout the year

5)Team Hussle: B

Sometimes we come out lackluster, but I've seen bodies flying all over the place.

6)Development: N/A

It's hard to even give a grade to this because a lot of our youngerp layers aren't playing much because of injury, or thye just dont fit into the system yet. The rotation has shortened as well.

Player reports:

1)Lillis : A

no explanation needed

2)Hastings : C

He recently played his way into the lineup again and has begun to contribute handidly. However, earlier in the season, his contributions were limited.

3)BWilson: C

He's been injured, so I should probably cut him more slack, but I expected more from him in his senior year. I thought this would be his team and not Lillis'

4)BConn: B+

With the exception of the last few games, he has played great all year long.

5)Center by committee: B-

We don't expect too much offense from them, and they have shown great potential at times. However, sometimes the offense/defense is totally absent.

Overall: I'd give the team a B- because I've seen flashes of being very good and we have given away some games we just should have had, hands down.

A few points (in games) here and there, and this could easily be an A.

However, I do think we are poised to do very well going forward. Our senior leadership is 2-0 in the big game. That's pretty impressive. With UMBC looking vulnerable, I still think we are the favorite to win if we get healthy.

What I've noticed is that we gothrough phases where some players are playing amazing and others are struggling. A few games later and it is reversed. If we can all get going on the same cylinder, it would be a great site.

I might give Lillis an A+.

First four conference games last year - Jamar avg 21.5 PPG

First four conference games this year - Lillis avg 21.8 PPG

We wanted him to score more this year, I didn't think it would be this much of an improvement.

I might give Lillis an A+.

First four conference games last year - Jamar avg 21.5 PPG

First four conference games this year - Lillis avg 21.8 PPG

We wanted him to score more this year, I didn't think it would be this much of an improvement.

It might be time for a 'Lillis Watch 1000'.

Archived