UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Mark Singelais's Blog Entry for 2008-01-18

Here is the excerpt on Josh's progress from yesterday's blog. Looks encouraging.

"There was an encouraging sight when the media was allowed into University Gym at the end of Friday’s practice. Freshman point guard Josh Martin, who is recuperating from a sprained right knee, was in uniform and shooting at one basket.

"Although he didn’t practice with the team, Martin said afterward he is making progress and didn’t rule out a possible return to action against Maine at SEFCU Arena on Wednesday.

“'The rehab’s going real well,' Martin said. 'I’ll probably get fitted for a brace for the next game (Maine), not this game coming up (at Hartford on Saturday) … It’s all up to how I feel and what my trainers want me to do and the shootaround tomorrow, how everything goes.'

"Martin said he hopes to resume practicing on Monday, which would be 17 days after he first sprained the medial collateral ligament in practice on Jan. 4. At the "time, UAlbany announced it would be a two- to four-week recovery.

'If I get the clearance, I’m going to try to go on Monday,' Martin said. “(Trainer) Jay Geiger is the boss, and I’ve got to do whatever he says. If he tells me I can’t go Monday, I can’t go Monday.'

"Martin has been lifting five-pound leg weights, which he said teammates have teased him about. He began running on Thursday.

“'It’s been tough, but I’ll try to do anything I can do to get back.'

"Strangely enough, Martin injured the knee during a five-on-none drill in practice. He intially thought it was much more serious.

“'I’ve never felt anything like that,' he said. 'I thought I tore my ACL when it first happened … It’s been tough … I never imagined how tough it is. Every game, we’ve been in tough games. I’m like, I wish I could be out there so I could give us a little spark. But we’ve been doing really good.'

"Whenever Martin returns, UAlbany will have back its best ballhandler and senior guard Brian Lillis will be able to move back to a wing position."

[bolding is mine.]

Archived