UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

GOOD NEWS FROM ALBANY- Dr. McElroy Interview During Half vs. UMBC

Dane96

WOW...some solid things from Dr. McElroy:

First, seems he and Will are on the same page regarding fan support. Was disappointed with the student turnout, but very, very happy with the community support.

Second, season ticket holders have gone up 600% in the last 4 years.

Third, FINALLY WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. When construction is finished, the lacrosse field will feature a Press box, concessions, and 2,500 seats. Cost: 2 million dollars.

Fourth, Trina, barring a disaster, will get a new contract. He didn't openly say it...but you can sense it. I would expect something similar to Will's one year extension.

Fifth- BITE ME STONY BROOK AND BUFFALO. Albany's student athletes have a 75% graduation rate, an increase from last year, and is higher than the campus-wide graduation rate. Albany has 1/2 of its student athletes at 3.0 GPA's and higher.

GREAT NEWS FROM McElroy!

that is excellent...would like to see a press release from the university or one of the local papers. Is it going to be the stands near the bubble or the stands like the AE tournament from last year (love to see photo of construction or the plans)

WOW...some solid things from Dr. McElroy:

First, seems he and Will are on the same page regarding fan support. Was disappointed with the student turnout, but very, very happy with the community support.

Second, season ticket holders have gone up 600% in the last 4 years.

Third, FINALLY WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. When construction is finished, the lacrosse field will feature a Press box, concessions, and 2,500 seats. Cost: 2 million dollars.

Fourth, Trina, barring a disaster, will get a new contract. He didn't openly say it...but you can sense it. I would expect something similar to Will's one year extension.

Fifth- BITE ME STONY BROOK AND BUFFALO. Albany's student athletes have a 75% graduation rate, an increase from last year, and is higher than the campus-wide graduation rate. Albany has 1/2 of its student athletes at 3.0 GPA's and higher.

GREAT NEWS FROM McElroy!

And weren't we also informed just earlier this week or last week that our women's LAX team has the highest GPA of any division I team in the nation???! :)

Great job Danes!

Alum that would be awesome. Are we talking about the same types of bleachers that was used for the AE Tournament?

Looks like it. Ten rows from goal to goal - probable 1,200 - 1,500. They were still building the platform for the press box at noon today.

Also, the road on the west side (by the bubble) was blocked off, and backhoes were taking down a couple of the trees on that side, so something must be in the works there too.

I just hope it's warmer Tuesday than it was today.

dscn0386sq4.jpg

Alum that would be awesome. Are we talking about the same types of bleachers that was used for the AE Tournament?

Looks like it. Ten rows from goal to goal - probable 1,200 - 1,500. They were still building the platform for the press box at noon today.

Also, the road on the west side (by the bubble) was blocked off, and backhoes were taking down a couple of the trees on that side, so something must be in the works there too.

I just hope it's warmer Tuesday than it was today.

dscn0386sq4.jpg

Looks great!

They should hold onto those temporary bleachers for football season and put them on the track of the visitors side. :ph34r:

Archived