UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BIG DAY-- NCAA EXPANDS FCS PLAYOFFS- NEC WITH AUTOBID in 2010!

Apparently....booo...it has not gone through yet. I have heard, from another source...that it should.

Sorry for the earlier post...arghhhhh.

It hasn't gone through yet today? Or hasn't gone through, period.

Is there any chance of the NEC voting for an increase of more than 40 rides, or is 40 the absolute limit this time around?

According to Any Given Saturday, the NEC was included. Expansion goes to 20! Great day for UAlbany football.

Sorry Dane, but Henfan left it open.

Coulson apparently has a call into the NCAA and said he'll post it when it happens.

According to Any Given Saturday, the NEC was included. Expansion goes to 20! Great day for UAlbany football.

Sorry Dane, but Henfan left it open.

Coulson apparently has a call into the NCAA and said he'll post it when it happens.

Your story is confirmed on the UA Sports website:

NEC Gains Automatic Access to D-I FCS Post-Season Bracket in 2010

In the article it was interesting to note that the Big South Conference, of which Stony Brook is now part, will also be able to access the FCS bracket. I'm not sure how mony SBU gained by jumping from the NEC to the BS.

Although I would have liked to see the aq start at least in 2009 - the hell with it... GOOD DAY FOR UALBANY!!!!!!!

It would be nice to see a change in heart with the scholarship increase, and just go to 50 or FULL..

Now that the NEC has been granted the autobid, maybe the NEC should step up a little bigger than just a move to 40. To 40 is a baby step, we need a BIG step... in appreciation for the NCAA stepping up BIG TIME.

Anyone think the NCAA put a condition on the NEC, that the NEC needs to up its scholarships if granted this autobid?

Where did the number 40 come from? Who's been throwing it around?

Out of the 15 FCS conferences, how many offer FULL scholarship football?

Is the big south full scholarship?

Yes, the Big South allows the NCAA limit of 63, as does the CAA, Southern, Gateway, Southland, Southwest AC, Big Sky, MidEast AC, Ohio Valley, and Great West. The remains of the MAAC, Pioneer and Ivy don't allow equivalencies. The Patriot doesn't allow 'scholarships' but the athletic dept. can buy out need-based loans. That said it's thought the Patriot teams average 50-55 equivalencies, and I doubt all the MEAC, SWAC and OVC teams give the full allotment.

The Great West doesn't have the six teams necessary to qualify for an autobid. The Pioneer and Ivy refuse to participate in the playoffs, and the SWAC takes itself out by having a championship game during playoff time.

Stony Brook's move to the Big South now only gives them the advantage of moving to 63 rides sooner than the NEC, plus playing teams better known (but not much) in the south.

Although I would have liked to see the aq start at least in 2009 - the hell with it... GOOD DAY FOR UALBANY!!!!!!!

It would be nice to see a change in heart with the scholarship increase, and just go to 50 or FULL..

Now that the NEC has been granted the autobid, maybe the NEC should step up a little bigger than just a move to 40. To 40 is a baby step, we need a BIG step... in appreciation for the NCAA stepping up BIG TIME.

Anyone think the NCAA put a condition on the NEC, that the NEC needs to up its scholarships if granted this autobid?

Where did the number 40 come from? Who's been throwing it around?

I don't think the NCAA put a condition on it, the playoff expansion is mostly a matter of the increasing number of teams and leagues.

Eventually we've got to get to at least 57, because playing bowl teams is one of the criteria for at-large bids to the championships, and FCS games don't count toward bowl eligibility unless you have 90% of the maximum schollies.

playing FBS teams = $$$$$$$

some of these payouts are in excess of $500,000 for one game. That would helping the program immensly.

Examples:

Coastal Carolina (Big South) opens this year at Penn State.

Does anyone have any clue what a game like that would do for UAlbany football.

For recruiting, for coverage, for everything.

I'm in total agreement that I'd like us to go full scholly but we don't even have a stadium committment yet.

Twenty to thirty more scholarships actually means forty to sixty with Title IX or cutting other male sports.

Our overall facilities are substandard - FB, Track, BB, SB and even the SEFCU, etc.

Where will all the monies come from?

It's evident we are growing faster then our ability to afford?

Our turf field are now 2 years old and are still not completed.

We have some serious financial problems.

What are the general thoughts

Archived