UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Construction Updates

ATL_DANE

is the construction going onto the soccer field? Isn't that area that big hill from the lacrosse field to the gates onto the soccer field?

No, it just takes up that corner near the bubble and doesn't get very close to the soccer playing surface

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the photos. The university is receiving a very needed boost to athletic facilities and landscaping generally. Have the great dane mascot statues been placed at the entry plaza? Can you post a photo? Thanks in advance.

I finally came across the main site for construction projects: Facilities

Entrance plaza construction now scheduled completion in July; second phase of the Purple Path will work up towards the pond, probably next year; the lacrosse field project includes drainage improvements, and a 'field ramp' whatever that is, but that might be the unknown extra construction; the business building may not begin construction until 2010-11.

Perimeter road will be blocked off until August 15 between Colonial Quad and the Podium for road realignment and crosswalk improvements to Empire Commons; the road will detour around the Colonial Lot. Good timing to finish just before the Giants leave.

I have heard they wanted to get that crosswalk area near Empire dealt with.

I have a feeling that extra construction Alum is that field ramp. However I am trying to picture what it would look like.

Two ticket booths have been delivered, are stored between Indian Quad and JFF. Steel boxes, each with two ticket windows, a door in the back, painted purple with a gold stripe around the top. Look like they could have been made from old dumpsters.

Otherwise, still more digging.

updates are great UAalum...I will be on campus hopefully in the end of August to help move my brother in to Indian, so I will get a chance to see it.

Perfect. It should be done by then; take a camera to the penthouse to get the aerial view of the complex.

• 3 weeks later...

At the entrance plaza, the chain link fences are down and they're tilling the dirt (soon to plant shrubberies?)

dscn0434rs3.jpg

The previously mentioned JFF ticket booths

dscn0436xa0.jpg

Gravel being put down between the posts, under where the new seating will be

dscn0437vg0.jpg

The ground between JFF and the parking lot has been regraded, so maybe it was just drainage - or, as a friend of mine in admissions told me, it was all just to install toilets

dscn0438lm5.jpg

Also, the rented bleachers were removed at the beginning of June, and the gravel between FH and JFF has been removed and the ground rolled, so maybe that will be paved.

• 2 weeks later...

The Entry Plaza looks like it's finished; I emailed the architect about the Great Danes and he replied "There are no plans to install the statues at this time". Maybe they need more money for a half-ton of bronze, and a security system to keep someone from stealing them in the night.

dscn0441vw6.jpg

Nothing photogenic at John Fallon Field, but there's a lot of pipe, conduit, and ducting around the dirt piles

As I thought earlier, they've put asphalt between the hockey and lacrosse fields

dscn0442sa9.jpg

and on the path leading from the RACC to field hockey

dscn0444dv3.jpg

Archived