UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Construction Updates

ATL_DANE

Is this the same cement company that the lesser beat writter Iorizzo was blogging about a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the pictures. I haven't been on campus in a while. Too busy going to ball games.

I think Callanan Industries has one truck with each college's logo. This one has the logo of Clemente Latham, a division of Callanan. They probably have dozens of concrete trucks.

Maybe when I retire I'll volunteer as the U's photographer and website content provider.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this the same cement company that the lesser beat writter Iorizzo was blogging about a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the pictures. I haven't been on campus in a while. Too busy going to ball games.

I think Callanan Industries has one truck with each college's logo. This one has the logo of Clemente Latham, a division of Callanan. They probably have dozens of concrete trucks.

Maybe when I retire I'll volunteer as the U's photographer and website content provider.

Sounds like a damn good idea. We need a dedicated, quality man at the helm.

Next time you're down there, could you get some quality shots from the circle looking in on the new plaza and University Hall. Last time I was down there, the sun was shining, the fountains flowing, and it looked really nice. Unfortunately, it's completion hasn't been well published, certainly not by photos.

Next time you're down there, could you get some quality shots from the circle looking in on the new plaza and University Hall. Last time I was down there, the sun was shining, the fountains flowing, and it looked really nice. Unfortunately, it's completion hasn't been well published, certainly not by photos.

Not dedicated, just on a purely voluntary, when-I-feel-like-it basis.

There isn't a really good spot where the public can get an elevated view of the entry plaza. News@UAlbany says there will be an official opening ceremony Aug. 26 at 12:30 pm.

The UAlbany sports home page now has a countdown to kickoff clock for the home opener vs. CCSU (now at 64 days, 10 hours and counting)

There isn't a really good spot where the public can get an elevated view of the entry plaza. News@UAlbany says there will be an official opening ceremony Aug. 26 at 12:30 pm.

The UAlbany sports home page now has a countdown to kickoff clock for the home opener vs. CCSU (now at 64 days, 10 hours and counting)

When it comes to University Photos, I have felt very displeased for years.

For the longest time, they didn't have JFF and Alumni Field photos on the athletic facilities page.

I emailed them and asked why, and eventually they were put up. ??????????????

Athletic fields, Sefcu, Campus ..... most of the photos seem to lack in quality and professionalism.

Never good angles. Many missing.

I found the best photos of UAlbany on the internet from alumni, etc.

It would be a good idea for the University to invest in a professional to create a nice portfolio of our campus.

Anyone have a really nice shot of a PACKED sefcu from floor level, that they can post here?

Can we get a countdown to tip-off of the basketball season instead?? lol

No, only schools with dying or already dead football programs should have a countdown to basketball season in August!!!!

Yeah seriously.

The football ountdown clock should be 20 feet high by 20 feet wide and put on Washington and Western sides of campus for all passer-bys to see.

No, only schools with dying or already dead football programs should have a countdown to basketball season in August!!!!

Yeah seriously.

The football ountdown clock should be 20 feet high by 20 feet wide and put on Washington and Western sides of campus for all passer-bys to see.

Do I even have to chime in? (joking),

One sport at a time. I'm a die hard college football fan. I just want a stadium and 64 rides and I'll be back in NY for most UA home football games.

ITS COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the photos on your blog. The entry plaza turned out very well.

So, last I heard the construction company knew nothing about adding the Great Dane statues to the pedestals in the entry plaza? Are they really just going to leave two empty pedestals sitting there at the entry to the university? I think it would be a nice distinguishing landscape piece. It would add some character and eventually become a historical piece.

From the look of the top two photos enlarged, the press box seems to be larger than the opening in the stands, unless the angle is deceiving. Maybe this means the pressbox will begin where the seating ends (the last row)

I think it's the angle, pretty sure the box is narrower than the opening.

Not much this week, but Friday the posts of the railing at the bottom of the grandstand had gone up. Some of the fencing that blocked off the construction area had been removed.

So, last I heard the construction company knew nothing about adding the Great Dane statues to the pedestals in the entry plaza?

Not the construction company, it was David LaComb, staff architect at Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Management of the University's Office of Facilities Management. What he said was 'no plans at this time'.

Maybe there will be a mention at the dedication ceremonies Aug. 26.

The hole in the grandstand has been filled in.

dscn0459hu8.jpg

The floor of the press box will be level with the top of the grandstand; supports for it extend about four rows into the seating.

dscn0463fd4.jpg

They were working on a ramp from the ground level to the seating level on the south side today.

Some dorms open Thursday.

Archived