UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Construction Updates

ATL_DANE

Campus entrance dedication was yesterday

Troy Record story

University release

No mention of the Great Dane statues

God forbid the University posts some pics of the plaza on the website

Damn good point. Funny how the Troy Record posted at least one photo (not a good one) with their story, and with the University news release, there are none.

Feel free to use one of mine :D They are better than nothing.

IMG_6358.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great to see Canestrari there...he is my rep so I'm gonna have to make sure I do my part to keep him in office although I do have some misgivings about his policies but that's a different discussion for a different day.

For us to get a stadium and not get kicked to the curb in any flagship discussion we'll need his support. He was the only one from what I remember to publicly come out and go on record in support of UA being mentioned with the other flagship schools and he was also on board for the football stadium funding. He is one friend we do have in the state legislature.

Canestrani is critical. Is he our last "player" in politics. By the way, how important is the Assembly Leader? It appears Silver has all the power, right?

Great to see Canestrari there...he is my rep so I'm gonna have to make sure I do my part to keep him in office although I do have some misgivings about his policies but that's a different discussion for a different day.

For us to get a stadium and not get kicked to the curb in any flagship discussion we'll need his support. He was the only one from what I remember to publicly come out and go on record in support of UA being mentioned with the other flagship schools and he was also on board for the football stadium funding. He is one friend we do have in the state legislature.

Canestrani is critical. Is he our last "player" in politics. By the way, how important is the Assembly Leader? It appears Silver has all the power, right?

The NYS government is long said to be run by the "Three Men in the Room".

Senate Majority Leader, Assembly Majority Leader and the Governor. These three guys are literally the ones that negotiate and hammer out the budget every year.

I love seeing any changes to the status quo but is that really a $4 million project?

You would be amazed and shocked at how little 4mm goes when it comes to concrete, fountains, and grass. I approve over 100mm for three separate big dig parcel parks no bigger than the new plaza.

It is shockingly expensive to do these things.

I love seeing any changes to the status quo but is that really a $4 million project?

You would be amazed and shocked at how little 4mm goes when it comes to concrete, fountains, and grass. I approve over 100mm for three separate big dig parcel parks no bigger than the new plaza.

It is shockingly expensive to do these things.

Ah, yes, The Big Dig. An impressive animal.

You have to love those union jobs.....

UA's Facebook Fan Page added a video of the new plaza. I don't believe you have to log into/have an account to view the video. Try just clicking the link.

The University at Albany welcomed back students, faculty and staff with the dedication of a new $4 million Grand Entry Plaza, designed as a vibrant, central gathering space for visitors and the campus community. The three-acre plaza serves as an inviting gateway to the campus, featuring a park-like setting with expanded green space, ornamental trees and bench seating with Wi-Fi. The main focal point of the new plaza is a spectacular walk-through fountain.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1046310836312

Looks really cool.

I can't wait to check it out in person. I think its great that they used the original cobblestones in the original clamshell pattern as the base for the fountains.

Now, if Cannestrari uses that "symbol of the great university system we have" to push the stadium, I'll be even happier.

Looks great - already a major improvement which should pay dividends in drawing HS games to UA and a definite give us a recruiting advantage.

We have a "Big Time" Lacrosse program and now it will look like "Big Time" when recruits are on campus.

I have to admit, I think its kind of ugly. I wish they would have switched the purple and gold. But maybe the seating will be purple or silver and offset that gold. Man that's bright.

Hopefully the purple you're looking for will come from the fans dressed in their team colors!

I have to admit, I think its kind of ugly. I wish they would have switched the purple and gold. But maybe the seating will be purple or silver and offset that gold. Man that's bright.

Seating (bench only) installed, with handrails on the stairways, and purple panels over the press box supports and behind what I assume are wheelchair areas in the front rows.

dscn0471sj4.jpg

Archived