UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gavin Glanton Watch 2008

Since it is nearing November and I have insomnia and the day off work tomorrow I thought it would be a good time to start some men's basketball recruit threads.

First alphabetically is Gavin Glanton, the 6'7" 200 pound power forward from the Forrest City Mustangs in Forrest City, Arkansas.

High School Site

Local Newspaper: Times Herald (Circulation seems small.)

Max Preps Site (Not Updated)

Looks like Forrest City only has a population of 13,500 so finding updates might be difficult.

Recap of Gavin's first game of the season.

His team fell big as he was in foul trouble but I did like this part of the story.....

"Fueled by the fierceness of not wanting to lose their first game in their new home and a rim-rattling, fourth period slam dunk by Forrest City senior and University of Albany (New York) signee Gavin Glanton, the Blue Devils put together an 11-0 run in the final period to close out a 74-49 victory by outscoring the Mustangs 16-to-6.

Glanton’s slam, off a steal with 5:26 to play in the game, only angered the Blue Devils into the 11-0 run which left West Memphis with a 72-47 lead with just over two minutes to play."

I'd love to see this dunk.

Some information on "The Rumble on the Ridge", a tournament that Forrest City hosts:

"The Rumble on the Ridge is a bracket play tournament where teams are invited to play in the event."

"This year will be the 12th year that the Rumble on the Ridge has been held, and is considered as one of the best tournaments in the country with teams coming from all over the South to participate."

"The Forrest City Mustangs returns all five starters from last year's 13-14 team. The Mustangs dropped down in classification this season from 6A to 5A. They are led by senior guard Jesse Mitchell, senior forward 6’6” Gavin Glanton, who just signed with the University of Albany in New York and sophomore guard Davyon "Sleepy" McKinney."

"The Mustangs best finish in the Rumble was runner-up in 2000 and will open Rumble play at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 27 against Noxubee County."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He physically reminds me of Tchaka Shipp...a guy I played against (and with in AAU) growing up-- he was a teammate of two of the Marbury brothers at Lincoln High..and played on one fo the greatest high school teams in NYC (all five starters our Senior year went on to DI schools...the worst being UTEP I think). Tchaka was about 6'7 and 200 in high school and gained about 35lbs in school...and played at Seton Hall before transferring to UC-Irvine to get away from the crap of the City.

Kid looks like a man...and with a college weight program will toss another 15 on that frame.

Me likey!

Archived