UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ralph Watts Watch 2008

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that they said the game between the Section 1 winner and the Section 4 winner would be held at Vassar College on March 11th.

I will wait for confirmation, but with Poughkeepsie only an hour and a half, I might be up for a carpool. Anybody game? (Potentially?)

hagg...the PG for Watt's team got injured today with about 5 minutes to go...looked pretty serious from what I could tell. Peekskill might be hurting at the point if he isn't able to go, apparently he is very important to their team.

Yes, I was watching the game. It looked bad when he was down, and some criticism is already being directed towards the Peekskill coach for letting him back in the game, but with ten days to heal I think Peekskill should be favored.

While everybody else was getting their Willis Reed references mentioned, I waited (to no avial) for my Daniel Larusso/Mr. Miyagi jokes to get read. Towards the end I swear I heard the announcers joking about "Daniel Larusso"....

hagg...the PG for Watt's team got injured today with about 5 minutes to go...looked pretty serious from what I could tell. Peekskill might be hurting at the point if he isn't able to go, apparently he is very important to their team.

Yes, I was watching the game. It looked bad when he was down, and some criticism is already being directed towards the Peekskill coach for letting him back in the game, but with ten days to heal I think Peekskill should be favored.

While everybody else was getting their Willis Reed references mentioned, I waited (to no avial) for my Daniel Larusso/Mr. Miyagi jokes to get read. Towards the end I swear I heard the announcers joking about "Daniel Larusso"....

LOL!

CO-PLAYER OF THE YEAR: DAQUAN BRICKHOUSE and RALPH WATTS, PEEKSKILL. Can you really pick one over the other? I can’t.

Brickhouse was the explosive playmaker and Watts was the gifted shooter, and together there was simply no stopping the Red Devils on their way to a fifth straight Section 1 title.

A junior point guard, Brickhouse didn’t really play one bad game. He averaged 18.2 points, scoring in double figures in all 19 games he played, and recorded 6.0 assists per game. His 28-point performance in Peekskill’s OT win over Iona Prep will go down as the best performance of the season. And how can we forget the way he limped back onto the court in the fourth quarter of the sectional championship to guide his team to victory? Amazing.

Watts, a senior headed to Albany, was just as steady. He averaged 17.7 points, going over 20 points in a game nine times. Plus, he just might have the prettiest stroke around. When he’s on his game, there are [sic] pure shooters quite as good.

Since Daquan Brickhouse left last night’s Class A sectional championship game against Lakeland with what appeared to be a serious leg injury, there have been a few interesting developments.

For starters, of course, Brickhouse made a dramatic return to the court, helping the Red Devils win their fifth straight gold ball.

Today, there has been another interesting development.

Our own Rick Carpiniello spoke to Peekskill coach Lou Panzanaro today and reports that X-rays on the leg have come back negative and Brickhouse is OK with a sprained left ankle.

This is obviously very good news for Peekskill.

Apparently, a similar injury occurred two weeks ago at practice in which Brickhouse was carried off the court before returning to play about 15 minutes later.

Peekskill (20-1) does not return to action March 11 when it plays the Section 9 championship in the state regionals at Vassar College.

Class A state regional semi: Peekskill vs. Norwich

9:34 p.m.: FINAL: Peekskill wins 47-36. It will play Cornwall on Friday night at New Paltz.

Watts with 10.

Region 9's Cornwall up on 3/13/09 at 7PM at SUNY New Paltz.

Winner to Glens Falls and the Final Four.

Archived