UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Volleyball finishes AE regular season at 12-0

Like the football team yesterday, the volleyball team finishes the league regular season undefeated. 12-0. Congrats.

After a losing a tough first set and winning 2 tough sets, they really got rolling in the 4th set getting out to a 11-0 lead and winning 25-9.

Congrats to them! Terrific season and the first team to go undefeated in conference play since Hofstra in 2000. The AE site lists the Albany-Maine Tournament game at 4 PM while the UA site lists it at 7 on Friday. I'm going with the Albany site. Hopefully there is a big crowd this weekend. Nice possible set-up with volleyball at 4 on Saturday and hoop at 7 if it works out.

Nice possible set-up with volleyball at 4 on Saturday and hoop at 7 if it works out.

Actually that's women's basketball vs. Richmond at 1, volleyball at 4, MBB at 7

OK, you have me sold. That sounds better than driving though the lake effect snow to see 2 bad football teams.

Plus I would rather see all the UA teams this weekend especially the volleyball team going for another ncaa bid.

Story in today's paper about the tourney - A new pressure for UAlbany - TU

Also Stanley is setter of the year, Kellam is player of the year and Laurie Gonzalez is the defensive player of the year.

Plus a story in the areas better paper.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2008/nov/21/1121_collnotes/

Also

Kamisha Kellam, Amanda Cowdrey and Brook stanley are on the conference first team.

Hillary White and Laurie Gonzalez on the second team.

As well as Gonzalez and Kalyn Mostert on the all rookie team.

And no state fan, I will not be seeing Siena of the east , siena of the midwest or siena of the west this weekend.

One more thing, DP, it is time for you to edit you signature line to include more championships.

Archived