UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany advocacy day

statefan

I wonder if anyone videotaped the speeches? I would love to see them. I wish I could have made it.

I did see someone taping it, I think it was the school because it was a large camera w/ no channel logos on it. Maybe the school will be posting something on their site soon.

On another note here is the link of the video they played during the reception:

UAlbany - Putting the World Within Reach

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slight OT here, but I've always liked the idea of playing the part of a flaghship university as best we can, even if it just means little things. I have always loved how North Carolina, Indiana, and some other flagship universities have a picture of the state they represent on their basketball court at the center of their basketball courts. Now that sends a message clear as day.

I imagine some other state universities do it as well, but a big purple State of New York picture at center court with a star for Albany would send a powerful message to anyone who views or attends a UAlbany game!

We had the picture of NYS on the floor when the RACC first opened

It was too big, too maroon, and too ugly

The current floor looks great both live and on TV - please don't suggest anyone change it

This model has not been around for three years as it shows where it will stand which is now where the current soccer field is. It's fairly small, so it can be hauled around by fund raisers, but if it comes to passed as rendered, I think everyone would be very happy. I'll try to get a picture of it. Then you guys can help me get it posted.

I'm talking about THIS drawing, sketch, model.... whatever you want to call it.

THIS has been around for a while now. If they've replaced this with another, I will refrain from

getting excited as a 'model' does not mean it becomes a reality. I will remain hopeful and supportive.

sports0404ualbany.jpg

I believe it is different. That drawing is the just the basic design. I believe the new model was prepared after the site study was completed. Meaning the model design by Heery is incorporated into the Unviersity grounds. Plus the picture above seats about 25,000. I've heard the design made by Heery seats 10,000.

Actually, the model probably shows more seating than the picture. I don't know if this will show up in a picture, but there are 2 slightly different shades in the seating on the model. They are supposed to show the difference to the initial phase and a second phase. I haven't gotten over to try to get the picture. I'm tied up all day tomorrow, so it might be a few days.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived