UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

ot: Bingo BB Highlights on Albany News Station

Off topic...I wasn't too happy to turn on Capital News 9 this morning and see them do a story on Binghamton as their 2nd sport story of the day. It was on obviously because Tiki went to HVCC for what (one?) year?? Put a sour taste in my mouth seeing them highlighted on an Albany station considering there are mandy times that I don't see any story on a Albany game that was played the night before (during the morning highlights).

Off topic...I wasn't too happy to turn on Capital News 9 this morning and see them do a story on Binghamton as their 2nd sport story of the day. It was on obviously because Tiki went to HVCC for what (one?) year?? Put a sour taste in my mouth seeing them highlighted on an Albany station considering there are mandy times that I don't see any story on a Albany game that was played the night before (during the morning highlights).

ESPN bracketology predicting Bing as the 15th seed with the arrow pointing up meaning rising.

He is a local kid, so I don't think it's unexpected.

I didn't realize he was local.

Still sour taste ;) seeing bingo

I didn't realize he was local.

Still sour taste ;) seeing bingo

I believe he's actually from Troy....if I'm not mistaken.

I hope vermont smacks them in the mouth on thursday and brings them back to reality. Any team but Binghamton, and their thug players and coach going to the tournament I am fine with. just watching them makes me sick, especially after last season with their coach, and all this year with malik alvin. How does a guy who gets charged with assault not get kicked off the team.

Just venting :lol:

I hope vermont smacks them in the mouth on thursday and brings them back to reality. Any team but Binghamton, and their thug players and coach going to the tournament I am fine with. just watching them makes me sick, especially after last season with their coach, and all this year with malik alvin. How does a guy who gets charged with assault not get kicked off the team.

Just venting :lol:

Answer: Look to their coach (note: I believe Alvin was also charged with theft).

Also, did anyone watch the Binghamton vs. Stonybrook game on MSG last night? I watched most of it. It was pretty close, with Bingo holding the lead by a few points for most of the game. In the last two minutes, I believe SB had a chance to tie the game but missed the free throw, and after a timeout in which Broadus was yelling and kicking, Bingo went nuts defensively, and Stonybrook absolutely imploded. I think in a span of about a minute or so, Bingo went up by 9 points or something like that. Bingo wins and looked very athletic.

I think this is the year Vermont finally gets to the dance (although I wouldn't mind if we went again), Mike is a senior and by all accounts a decent kid (he turned down Siena, gets a thumbs up there), if we get knocked out early I wouldn't mind if they made it since we are still rebuilding here a bit. I agree...anyone but Bing!

I think this is the year Vermont finally gets to the dance (although I wouldn't mind if we went again), Mike is a senior and by all accounts a decent kid (he turned down Siena, gets a thumbs up there), if we get knocked out early I wouldn't mind if they made it since we are still rebuilding here a bit. I agree...anyone but Bing!

Agreed! I think Vermont's fans are generally classy and harmless, with the exception of the punk kid who drop-kicked our mascot on the court during our celebration after we beat UVM in the AE Title game two years ago (it happened right in front of me, but security quickly grabbed him and took him away).

I don't mind Boston University either. They are a quality academic institution (probably the highest ranked school in the America East), and I don't mind their coach. I can appreciate (relate to) their style of tough defense and half-court offense.

I don't want to see Hartford make it because their mascot does weird things (see picture in previous thread) and because I want Hartford kicked out of the America East. Hartford utterly fails to fit the profile of this conference when examining size (small), academic ranking (bottom tier), and just about everything else. They are also the only private school in the conference. They should join the NEC or MAAC. Hartford also has no football or even LAX, right?

I say we in the A.E. pick up Central Conn. State University and give them Hartford. Fair trade? Then again, who cares, because hopefully we move to the CAA soon.

I don't want to see Hartford make it because their mascot does weird things (see picture in previous thread) and because I want Hartford kicked out of the America East. Hartford utterly fails to fit the profile of this conference when examining size (small), academic ranking (bottom tier), and just about everything else. They are also the only private school in the conference. They should join the NEC or MAAC. Hartford also has no football or even LAX, right?

Boston University is also private, though much larger than Hartford.

Hartford has lacrosse, but they haven't been very good for the last five years. Albany beat them in the finals for our first lax championship.

Boston University is also private, though much larger than Hartford.

Hartford has lacrosse, but they haven't been very good for the last five years. Albany beat them in the finals for our first lax championship.

Whoops, I knew that too about Boston University. I always forget though because they are such a large school. I should also add that I wouldn't mind seeing Maine or UNH make the tournament. With my personal hopes of a America East-based football conference coming into existence someday soon, the more success the state universities of the northeast have, the happier I am (can't see Hartford, UMBC, or Bingo jumping onto football anytime soon, though).

Archived