UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Smaller lineup

Before the Hartford game Coach Brown had talked about spending the next week working on a smaller lineup. It'll be interesting to see if that means a different starting five or just a different combination of players after the initial five.

He's said he wants to play Will Harris more at PF with Connelly at center. Funny that Connelly has stayed the same height since last year but gone from a small forward to a center.

It sounds like a good idea and we'd have a similar front line to Vermont with a center who can shoot from the outside. One of the differences is that Blakely isn't much of a shooter while Harris can light it up from the outside. If it works it seems like there would be a lot more room for guys like Ambrose, Raffa, Hastings and Johnson to get to the hoop with our opponents big guys guarding Harris out at the three point line and having to respect the midrange game of BC.

Also there might be more minutes for Hastings (a plus) as well as Johnson and Allen.

Would a lineup change make any difference to Scotty McRae?

On a different thought, Pomeroy has us losing the next four games, then winning the final four (seems a little like the biblical feast or famine story). Question: if we actually did lose four in a row, what would the mood on the message board be?

On a different thought, Pomeroy has us losing the next four games, then winning the final four (seems a little like the biblical feast or famine story). Question: if we actually did lose four in a row, what would the mood on the message board be?

MOOD = chicken little

I would imagine that Blakely would have to be moved to guard Brian C. or the "5" out there. Blakely is too valuable down low for UVM to be hanging around the perimeter. Also, with Harris at the 4, it sets the stage for Lindfors to slide into a potential 4 spot next year. Maybe McRae at the 3? McRae at te 5 even?

While I'm on the topic, how does red shirting work? Does Lindfors work out with the team and learn the sets? I know Logan is hurt, but how does everyone see this team evolving next year, especially for those of you who have seen Logan and Lindfors play. I have not seen them play, but I find it interesting that my video games, at least, have them as the highest rated Danes...hehe. :)

I would imagine that Blakely would have to be moved to guard Brian C. or the "5" out there. Blakely is too valuable down low for UVM to be hanging around the perimeter. Also, with Harris at the 4, it sets the stage for Lindfors to slide into a potential 4 spot next year. Maybe McRae at the 3? McRae at te 5 even?

While I'm on the topic, how does red shirting work? Does Lindfors work out with the team and learn the sets? I know Logan is hurt, but how does everyone see this team evolving next year, especially for those of you who have seen Logan and Lindfors play. I have not seen them play, but I find it interesting that my video games, at least, have them as the highest rated Danes...hehe. :)

Redshirts are allowed to do everything but play in the games (practice, lift, etc....)

Caught the end of Will on Wyland today. He said that although we'll be using the smaller lineup some, we're going to need Giff to defend against Brittain and Blakely in the next two games.

They'll know today if Raffa will need to try cortisone in his foot.

Would a lineup change make any difference to Scotty McRae?

Perhaps this team isn't consistent enough yet to win 4 straight, but we also are not consistently off enough to lose 4 straight either. :)

As I posted on the America East Forum, if I had to predict, we go 1-2 in our next 3 (but I'm secretly thinking 2-1 is more likely), and then probably 4-1 to finish 10-6.

We win 2 of the next 3, and hold serve in the final 5 by dropping only one of those games in an off-night, we could find ourselves at 11-5.

But for tournament purposes, the only relevant seeds as far as I'm concerned are obtaining either the 1 seed or 3 seed (or 2 of course). 1 seeds gets home court throughout. Whether we are 2 or 3 matters not (but for uniform used). If we are 3 and beat the 2 seed, we still travel on the road to the 1 seed in a Conference Title game, unless the 1 seed drops out.

The problem with the 4 seed is that even if we win the two games on opening weekend and take out the #1 seed, we are automatically on the road for the title game unless BOTH the 2 and 3 seeds lose. By being on the other side of the bracket at #3, we can win our two games, and we only need the #1 seed to drop one and we find ourselves then hosting the Conference Title game! I hope this makes sense, but the bottom line here is that, for purposes of hopefully hosting an America East Conference Tournament Championship game, there is substantial significance to finishing 3rd over 4th place!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived