UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bracket Challange

Wow...all that smack talk on my part and even haggy is beating me out of the gate.....

I think I favor the pools without weighted rounds.

Even if you go 48 for 48 in the first two rounds, if you don't nail the championship game you have no chance.

Why not reward the most correct selections?

Mini-rant...

The best pool I am in is one with weighted rounds (1-3-5-7-9-11) but also with seed differential points. For example, correctly picking the 12 over the 5 in round 1 gets you 1 point for the round 1 win plus 7 points for the upset. If you correctly pick a 12 winning 2 games, you could end up with 19 points for picking just two games (1+7 for round 1, 3+8 for round 2 (if the 4 wins round 1)).

Obviously winning the championship helps, because even a 1 seed winning it all it worth 36 points (1+3+5+7+9+11), but with the upset points if isn't necessary. If anyone was to ever go 48-for-48, or even close to it, they'd have a good shot even if they lost their title winner.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I rock takes the bracket challenge....CONGRATS! You get NOTHING for your win! :P

I failed to defend my win from last year finishing in 8th...

danefan, buddy......I hope you don't put any money down on your picks....the two years we've done this......you have come in last or close to last if memory serves. B)

EDIT: Haggy in third place....BAAHHHH say it 'aint so!

I rock takes the bracket challenge....CONGRATS! You get NOTHING for your win! :P

I failed to defend my win from last year finishing in 8th...

danefan, buddy......I hope you don't put any money down on your picks....the two years we've done this......you have come in last or close to last if memory serves. B)

EDIT: Haggy in third place....BAAHHHH say it 'aint so!

HAHAHA!!!! I told you I sucked at picking brackets.

I was in 5 brackets this year - no money thank goodness - and I came in the bottom of almost all of them. One of them I had Michigan St. winning it all so I was saved somewhat. But I didn't even have anyone else in the final four in that bracket.

One of these years I'm going to hit the jackpot with my bracket! You'll see! (sinister laugh).

:ph34r:

I rooted for Siena friday night because it was a great game and I picked them to win in my brackets.

no kidding. I didn't pick them to win in the best bracket I had.

I'm letting my wife pick my brackets next year. I win more at the track when she picks horses based on colors and numbers than I do when I analyze the program. Maybe I should follow that same logic with brackets.

I rooted for Siena friday night because it was a great game and I picked them to win in my brackets.

I'm letting my wife pick my brackets next year. I win more at the track when she picks horses based on colors and numbers than I do when I analyze the program. Maybe I should follow that same logic with brackets.

Well, she is the brains of the family. ;)

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Apr 7 2009, 07:59 PM) 42443[/snapback]

Well, she is the brains of the family. ;)

And the looks too.

Shoot- what does that leave me with? :wacko:

Archived