UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football @ Cincinatti in 2011?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, I guess I know where I am going two years from now in early September...now if the Reds have a home series that week, that should make for a fun weekend. Obviously as it gets closer, we need to all talk about planning something around this. lol

side note - maybe $ from this game can help pay for a small section of a possible stadium? lol

well, I guess I know where I am going two years from now in early September...now if the Reds have a home series that week, that should make for a fun weekend. Obviously as it gets closer, we need to all talk about planning something around this. lol

Absolutely. Hopefully vs the Mets. The university football stadium is 3 1/2 miles from the reds stadium. If the Reds are not home, I should be able to stop at the Pirates or the Indians on Friday night on the way to Cincinnati or Sunday on the way back. At least 1 of the 3 should be home.

A long way aways from those plans, but it is exciting to have Cincinnati on the schedule.

Yes!

The best news I've heard all year. Fantastic.

My neighbor is a Cincinnati grad. I finally can talk to someone about college football... I can go and sit my butt in a big stadium and talk about my team. I can tailgate with thousands of lunatics. I love it!!!

I love college football!

I'm still in shock this morning. Just fantastic news. As a college football fan, this is amazing news. I hope it's the start to full scholarship and getting on par with our state school peers.

Article on the paydays FCS schools can get from playing a power house. Everyone knows I am all for it.

We should have been doing this earlier. The thing I notice is that we are always last to the party. SUNY was the last state university to go FBS. Of the three SUNY football teams we're last in getting a stadium, last in going full scholarship etc. Even after FCS schools have been doing this for so long our own alumni groan at the thought. I just wish we could be first with an idea. Nonetheless, I'm happy we've gotten there.

USA Today Article

By the way, wow! $1M dollars for Navy to play Ohio State? We need a FBS school on our schedule EVERY year.

This will be interesting on how the Colgate game shakes out. The Cincinnati article clearly says Cincinnati is playing at Tennessee on 9/10/11 while opening against Albany before that. To me that means the week of 9/3

I went to the Colgate game last night and their program lists hosting Albany on 9/3/11 and at Albany 9/1/12.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived