UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football @ Cincinatti in 2011?

http://www.wcpo.com/content/sports/bearcatfootball/story/Bearcats-To-Play-Tennessee-In-Knoxville-In-2011/hgJCHgjr70qqU2Io4b4-cw.cspx

UC will open the 2011 season at Nippert Stadium with Albany before heading to Knoxville to play the Vols. Other 2011 non-conference matchups bring Akron and NC State to Nippert with a road trip to Oxford, Ohio for the 116th Battle for the Victory Bell against Miami (OH).

No one I know has been able to confirm or deny this. We are also listed in Colgate's future schedules as playing at Colgate to open the 2011 season, but a payday from a Big East team would definitely trump that.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems very odd to me. I don't think its mathematically possible for us to be a "counter" for FBS bowl qualification purposes in 2011. You have to be at an average of 57.5 scholarships for the prior to years and even if we went to full scholly next year, we can't meet that requirement.

Who knows, but man its exciting if true.

I can't imagine it being posted on the official UC athletic website,

if it hasn't been confirmed!

Almost as good as hearing we're getting a new stadium or moving to full schollies!

The only thing is, BCS schools have their way with non-BCS schools. This could change quickly, and who knows what kind of contracts have been signed so far, if any.

Is there something else happening with the football program that we aren't seeing just yet? Seems a bit odd...no?

I don't think odd would be my word of choice since the public never seems to know the whole story. That's why its sometimes aggravating that some people on and off this board just assume by no news that nothing is happening... so they complain that the school is doing nothing. The school doesn't owe us news until its for real and not just negotiation talk. I don't know anything more than most people on here about inside info on the program, but they might very well be in talks with other conferences just not publicly, hopefully this news might mean we are closer to something we all have been hoping for, a better conference! :)

Sounds like an exciting game!

Is there something else happening with the football program that we aren't seeing just yet? Seems a bit odd...no?

I don't think odd would be my word of choice since the public never seems to know the whole story. That's why its sometimes aggravating that some people on and off this board just assume by no news that nothing is happening... so they complain. The school doesn't owe us news until its for real and not just negotiation talk. The football program might have very well be in talks with other conferences just not publicly, hopefully this news might mean we are closer to something we all have been hoping for, a better conference! smile.gif

Agreed - its doesn't owe the general public anything. It would be smart though, IMO, to provide donors some sort of insight. If not it risks alienating the most important people to a university athletic program - the big donors.

And BTW, I'm not referring to myself. UA doesn't owe me anything.

I don't think odd would be my word of choice since the public never seems to know the whole story. That's why its sometimes aggravating that some people on and off this board just assume by no news that nothing is happening... so they complain that the school is doing nothing. The school doesn't owe us news until its for real and not just negotiation talk. I don't know anything more than most people on here about inside info on the program, but they might very well be in talks with other conferences just not publicly, hopefully this news might mean we are closer to something we all have been hoping for, a better conference! :)

Sounds like an exciting game!

I don't think anyone has ever said that the school OWES us anything.

Archived