UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Reading the Northeastern thread on any give Saturday Dane96 indicated that the new field was going to start in the spring . Is this going to happen and in what stages

Based on what I've heard....the original plan to build an entirely new facility is on hold if not dead. Work is being done behind the scenes to design a 5 year renovation plan to University Field...part of that planning process involves the possibility to turn the field 90 degrees.

Think Hofstra for look/feel!

As far as timing, I've only heard speculation as nothing has been made public.....but, this is the most movement I've seen on the stadium issue in my 4 or 5 year following this project.

Just remember what happened the last time a stadium renovation project became public.

I don't know what's going on, but President Philip has stated to numerous people that something needs to be done and it needs to be done now.

And let's be straight...nothing I said on the board isnt what hasnt been publicly stated numerous times (that's why i said all reports seem to lean a certain way). Philip seems gung-ho about doing something for Bob Ford and the program.

The extent, the value...who knows. Hopefully there will be some conversation between Philip, Yeager and McElroy.

Reading the Northeastern thread on any give Saturday Dane96 indicated that the new field was going to start in the spring . Is this going to happen and in what stages

Based on what I've heard....the original plan to build an entirely new facility is on hold if not dead. Work is being done behind the scenes to design a 5 year renovation plan to University Field...part of that planning process involves the possibility to turn the field 90 degrees.

As far as timing, I've only heard speculation as nothing has been made public.....but, this is the most movement I've seen on the stadium issue in my 4 or 5 year following this project.

I totally agree that the look of hofstra would be perfect . I travel alot within New York State and as a fan of football marvel at some of the high school and d3 facilities. Cortland State has a great football statium that has a capacity of 6500 . On our site now we could duplicate that very easy.

I totally agree that the look of hofstra would be perfect . I travel alot within New York State and as a fan of football marvel at some of the high school and d3 facilities. Cortland State has a great football statium that has a capacity of 6500 . On our site now we could duplicate that very easy.

Here is a partial of Hofstra (home and away no endzones) laid over a spun University Field. This is pretty close to scale. Its easy to get to scale when you have yard lines to match up on the overlay.

b_090640.jpg

Reading the Northeastern thread on any give Saturday Dane96 indicated that the new field was going to start in the spring .

D96 -

is this statement accurate?

Is a renovation actually starting in the spring?

what else do you know?

I know exactly what has been posted on this board for months. Nothing more nothing less.

Unless I missed a crucial day posts somewhere,

I don't remember reading a post about the university

declaring that the university field upgrade would officially

begin in the spring. Unless it's a mind lapse!

I pretty sure that info came from the Business Jounral article.

Archived