UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Should Coach Brown care about the $iena game more?

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From $aintsFan

b. Albany makes just about as much or more than a guarantee game against Duke or UNC

I really don't think so.

MOST $iena fans would be all for dropping the game. Not because we think we're duke etc but because we would like to play an "up" game

We know this is not true the BCS schools are afraid of $iena that's why the had such a tough time scheduling this year.

The great thing about your argument is that you finally got Bosi believing you.

Bob87's math seems more logical to me then any of your dribble.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patch,

Keep me out of your pissing match with SaintsFan.....ask around if you think they make as much off the game as you think.

I probably should not have said all valid points....some of his points were valid, primarily the one about how much money they make or not make.

I've said it many times...time for a true home and home or DROP it. The reality is neither side will drop the game. FT's 30-7 is a disgrace and would have never happened in our house.

I probably should not have said all valid points....some of his points were valid, primarily the one about how much money they make or not make.

Bosi

That is not logical.

They don't have Financial statements by series, but please explain how a 4 year series that nets 32 thousand seats sold does not make a lot more than one that sells 14 thousand seats.

Also keep in mind the 32 K series is a premium series and 14K is not and thus the tickets sold for the Albany games are at higher prices than virtually any other Siena home game by a couple of bucks.

Bosi

That is not logical.

They don't have Financial statements by series, but please explain how a 4 year series that nets 32 thousand seats sold does not make a lot more than one that sells 14 thousand seats.

Also keep in mind the 32 K series is a premium series and 14K is not and thus the tickets sold for the Albany games are at higher prices than virtually any other Siena home game by a couple of bucks.

bob,

It doesn't matter what anyone tells you about Siena....let's leave it at that. Have you seen their contract with the TUC?

Patch,

Keep me out of your pissing match with $aintsFan - Bosi

Relax, don't take a temper tantrum,

The only reason your name came up is because you were part of the conversation and were in total agreement with $aintsFan. Its not like I just threw your name into something you weren't part of.

Enjoy the Holidays and relax a little. I think we still root for the same team?

Bosi

That is not logical.

bob,

It doesn't matter what anyone tells you about Siena....let's leave it at that. Have you seen their contract with the TUC?

We can leave it that you buy into the bs that siena fans feed you, I don't.

I haven't seen the contract. I don't know how much they pay for the building per game or per season or per ticket sold or whatever. I just find it highly improbable that the contract says they pay x per game for all their other games, but for Albany they must pay so much on top of x that it makes up more than the difference in tickets sales compared to any other series.

Bosi

That is not logical.

bob,

I haven't seen the contract. I don't know how much they pay for the building per game or per season or per ticket sold or whatever. I just find it highly improbable that the contract says they pay x per game for all their other games, but for Albany they must pay so much on top of x that it makes up more than the difference in tickets sales compared to any other series.

So you don't know any facts, you haven't seen the contract but in you never ending anti-Siena stupor you feel you are qualified to make a definitive statement one way or the other. Why don't you pull the BS Patch pulled and just call me a turncoat who sold out UA and now roots for Siena...

How about for once in your life you consider the possibility that Siena isn't satan; who knows maybe try a Pepsi.

I've stated my opinion on why I dislike this series multiple times....I don't think it's an equatable arrangement. In the next contract I'd like to see a true home and home or see us back out of it but I'm also a realist.

Bosi

That is not logical.

bob,

So you don't know any facts, you haven't seen the contract but in you never ending anti-Siena stupor you feel you are qualified to make a definitive statement one way or the other. Why don't you pull the BS Patch pulled and just call me a turncoat who sold out UA and now roots for Siena...

How about for once in your life you consider the possibility that Siena isn't satan; who knows maybe try a Pepsi.

I've stated my opinion on why I dislike this series multiple times....I don't think it's an equatable arrangement. In the next contract I'd like to see a true home and home or see us back out of it but I'm also a realist.

Relax.

Have some common sense and instead of sucking up to Siena fans try thinking if what they are telling you makes sense.

I am still waiting for a logical explanation why Siena would be required to pay so much more money to rent out the Knick/????/???? when Albany is the opponent as opposed to when ANYONE else is the opponent or proof that is the case.

I would also like either a true home and home series or a split the arena down the middle like they do for bowl games. There are other factors keeping that from happening besides financial, but to tell me that 4 years of that series which sells 32 thousand seats for Siena doesn't make them more money than one that sells 14 thousands seats for Siena without any proof or logic is insulting to my intelligence.

Bosi

That is not logical.

bob,

Relax.

Have some common sense and instead of sucking up to Siena fans try thinking if what they are telling you makes sense.

I am still waiting for a logical explanation why Siena would be required to pay so much more money to rent out the Knick/????/???? when Albany is the opponent as opposed to when ANYONE else is the opponent or proof that is the case.

I would also like either a true home and home series or a split the arena down the middle like they do for bowl games. There are other factors keeping that from happening besides financial, but to tell me that 4 years of that series which sells 32 thousand seats for Siena doesn't make them more money than one that sells 14 thousands seats for Siena without any proof or logic is insulting to my intelligence.

Don't question my allegiance and then tell me to relax (goes for you to Patch)....the only point we disagree on is how much they make off the game. My contention is that it's a bump but not as much as you think it is....on ALL other points we agree...split the arena giving equatable seating to UA fans, do a true home and home are all things that need to be addressed in future contracts or cancel it.

All I am saying in this whole thing is:

Bosiydid, don't believe a word of what Siena tells you on the contract; they are full of it. And if the contract is anything near what the contracts I saw while working with the Firebirds (and I presume it is likely the same but for a tweak here and there...remember...the management company answers to the County, which answers to the State), Siena is doing just fine.

And Saintsfan-- you are smoking crack if you think Albany gets more from playing this game than playing at 'Nova, Duke, UNC...etc. Not even within 20k would be my guess. 20k buys a scholarship.

All I am saying in this whole thing is:

Bosiydid, don't believe a word of what Siena tells you on the contract; they are full of it. And if the contract is anything near what the contracts I saw while working with the Firebirds (and I presume it is likely the same but for a tweak here and there...remember...the management company answers to the County, which answers to the State), Siena is doing just fine.

And Saintsfan-- you are smoking crack if you think Albany gets more from playing this game than playing at 'Nova, Duke, UNC...etc. Not even within 20k would be my guess. 20k buys a scholarship.

Bob...let me keep it simple.

If this game dips below 10,000 fans...both SCHOOLS WILL CANCEL THE SERIES. I would bet the little money I have on this.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE! I think I have earned that trust that I know what I am talking about. The financial windfall is not found at either school and SIENA is not making out like banditos-- that is all I have to say. Read between the lines.

Is that what you want? NO.

So we need every fan in the seats for the next three years. - D96 May 2008

When did your opinion change? My opinion on how the finances of this game work was partly (not entirely) based on what you've said about it in the past, being someone who at one point worked in this area I was buying what you were selling.

It appears you are now leaving me out to dry in order to curry favor with bob and Patch (old guard).

Don't question my allegiance and then tell me to relax (goes for you to Patch).... - Bosi

Bosi here this is from my last post

Enjoy the Holidays and relax a little. I think we still root for the same team? - Patch

You're taking my comments way to personal but to be totally honest I think you're over reacting.

You have every right to believe who/what you want to believe and I have every right to believe something else is true. I am very comfortable with my knowledge of the situation.

I am now out of this conversation (a conversation I was stupid enough to get involved in) as it has turned into name calling and he said she said crap all over something said by a $iena fan.

Go Danes!!!!!

Bos--I HAVE HAD ACCESS TO SIENA CONTRACTS, FIREBIRD CONTRACTS, RIVER RAT, MONSTER PULL, METALLICA, ETC. In fact, if you want to, you could do...they are public records (for the most part).

I was trying to help you out in that last post...but apparently, you have woken up with a serious case of "everyon is ganging up on me today." Was not my intention.

And dont twist the words- my statement is the same then as it would be today. If the game went below 10,000...it would give both schools the "out" that they want. It wont go under that figure though.

Please learn to read-- I SAID CONTRACT...not CONTRACTS. THE CONTRACT I REFERRED TO IN THE SECTION YOU QUOTED was the Siena-Albany contract. The contract I referred to today is the SIENA-ARENA contract. Two completley separate things. In addition, I said they dont make out like banditos at a time when attendence was still a question mark. That is no longer an issue....and better believe that Siena makes more coin now then they did in 2008 (plus, I believe the just renegotiated the contract with Belber and crew last year).

Point is...SIENA's DEAL WITH THE TUC IS NOT BAD AT ALL...and its because of LEVERAGE!

Stop being sensitive...you are ganging up on the wrong people...and frankly are agreeing with someone that has little knowledge on the situation. I would bet my next month's paycheck that Patch has more knowledge than that Siena fan regarding this contract.

DONE WITH THE CONVERSATION.

Don't question my allegiance and then tell me to relax (goes for you to Patch).... - Bosi

Bosi here this is from my last post

Enjoy the Holidays and relax a little. I think we still root for the same team? - Patch

You're taking my comments way to personal but to be totally honest I think you're over reacting.

You have every right to believe who/what you want to believe and I have every right to believe something else is true. I am very comfortable with my knowledge of the situation.

I am now out of this conversation (a conversation I was stupid enough to get involved in) as it has turned into name calling and he said she said crap all over something said by a $iena fan.

Go Danes!!!!!

You know when I took it personally? When you saw it fit to question whether or not we still root for the same team.

I think we still root for the same team? - Maybe you meant to put a ! instead of a ?

Archived