UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA women win another

Who'd have thought the womens' team would have a better record than the UA men at this point? Now 4-4 with a win over Wagner; a little soft on defense at the end after being up by 20, but still a comfortable margin. Only 9 players in uniform though.

Listened to the end of the CCSU game on the radio, sounds like we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory at the end of regulation -- was the sequence really missed front-end of 1&1, missed dunk after a steal, foul in the paint, all in the last 20 seconds? :-(

As nice as it is to see the program win some games I still think it is time for a fresh body at head coach.

Hopefully MacElroy bases his decision on the body of the work to date, but I fear a political element may come into play, keeping the current coach around.

for sure---that is what has kept her here for this long.

The women's team and coaching staff are doing a good job. We had the no. 1 rated (not sure which service) recruiting class in the AE this year. Have you been to any women's games yet Haggy? I don't remember seeing you. It's a different experience watching women play, and a lot of people don't enjoy women's bb, but I find it entertaining and the team is doing well and appears to be progressing as the season has unfolded. They've beaten 4 teams that they lost to last year and I'm hopeful that this success will continue when league play starts.

The women's team and coaching staff are doing a good job. We had the no. 1 rated (not sure which service) recruiting class in the AE this year. Have you been to any women's games yet Haggy? I don't remember seeing you.

Haven't been. Won't go.

Now, if we start treating the profram like Hartford treats theirs I will show up to some games.

If "Just Enough" Patterson is still running the show, there is a 0% probability of me showing up. I will let others watch a team that gets excited by mediocrity.

"Haven't been! Won't Go!"

Why are you even posting if you don't have a clue about about the thread.

Have a happy holiday, go home and don't comment on woman's basketball!!

Would you visit Iraq right now or have you heard and read enough about it to stay away?

Happy Holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

Women beat Fairfield 63-52 in what has to be considered a good win (Fairfield ranked about 100 spots higher).

Add a victory over Brown, best start ever (in D-I) for the women's program at 7-6. That also puts them ahead of last year's win total.

This group is playing as a cohesive unit, getting after the ball at both ends of the court and scrapping under the basket; it's a refreshing change.

I'm not expert enough to say whether its the coach, the players, or the combination, but the results are there.

I'm not expert enough to say whether its the coach, the players, or the combination, but the results are there.

Or a strength of schedule in the 300s.

With America East's RPI rank of 11 this year, the conference schedule will be a lot tougher than OOC.

Archived