UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Sound Familiar

1) Point guard play.

2) Perimeter shooting.

3) Lack of a go-to guy.

Let’s add another.

Toughness.

who is this team?

Is it UA?

Of course not it's Jeff Goodman (foxsports.com) talking about.......

UNC

......But Williams is clearly frustrated.

He said while in the past he’s stuck with one offensively philosophy, he’s tried three of four different offenses this season without much success.

``I’m at my wits end,” he said on Monday.

Williams admitted that in his 21 years of coaching, most of the buttons he’s pushed have worked.

The same things this year haven’t worked,” he said.

I guess we aren't the only ones frustrated. Roy Williams 21 years of phenominal success and he's at wits end.

UNC goes from National Champions to being on the Bubble and could possibly not even make the tourney this year.

UNC doesn't rebuild they reload with super talent.

Since beating us they have gone 2-5 and 2-4 in the ACC good for 10th place. Their best win in the last 7 games has been over Va. Tech which has an RPI of 70.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issues with the current team is something we've been talking about going back to last year...last year...

- NO ONE COULD SHOOT EITHER

- TO'S WERE OUT OF CONTROL

- NO LEADERSHIP

This needs to be either developed or recruited....Enough already...!

What has happened to this program? I don't recognize the team that's been taking the court...we might not have always been the most talented team but we worked our a$$e$ off...we played in your face D and we rebounded the crap out of the ball....I haven't seen it in TWO YEARS.

I'm not trying to start WWIII here, but what are the current strengths on this team?

I have:

1.) We shoot free throws at a high percentage (Although we are 7th in the league in attempts.)

2.) We might be young enough to get better.

3.) We are relatively healthy.

4.) That whole GPA thing. (The model citizen argument might have gone up in smoke on the Fourth of July, even if the offense was very minor in nature.)

What else do we have?

To me, at least part of our current situation is a result of losing most of those two recruiting classes right after the championship years. I wasn't super surprised a lot of those guys transferred but it left us with a void of upperclassman that we usually would have (Read: leadership)

It seemed like Coach Brown tried to remedy that with a mix of a transfer (Harris) Jucos (Johnson, McRae, Hastings, Barraza) and some pretty good freshman. Obviously that hasn't worked. There have been times when I've watched this team and wondered if Raffa hadn't bolted to Coastal and Aronhalt hadn't redshirted last year where we'd be. I know, woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I agree with Haggy's post that we really don't have much we can point to that we do well other than free throw shooting. I'd still like to see Harris (who can shoot as well as anyone in our league) play at the PF spot but I don't know that will happen.

I think the biggest thing to hope for as fans is that this team comes together in time to make some noise in the conference tournament. Prior to the UVM game, we were coming off of back to back strong performances against SB and Hartford. Regardless of the W's and L's at this point, this team still has enough raw talent to compete on any given night. If we are playing good ball come tournament time, I don't see a reason why we can't potentially make a run. There is no dominant team in this conference. Only time will tell I suppose...

I think the biggest thing to hope for as fans is that this team comes together in time to make some noise in the conference tournament. Prior to the UVM game, we were coming off of back to back strong performances against SB and Hartford. Regardless of the W's and L's at this point, this team still has enough raw talent to compete on any given night. If we are playing good ball come tournament time, I don't see a reason why we can't potentially make a run. There is no dominant team in this conference. Only time will tell I suppose...

I'm not seeing it.....it's a mess right now and I haven't seen anything out of this group to suggest that they have it in them to make any kind of run. I hope I'm wrong....! The freshmen are working hard but you can't win consistently with freshmen....they will get better and no doubts kids like Black, Aronhalt, Tartt Jake and Blake are the future. I have NOTHING positive to say about anyone else on this team.

This season has been a SIGNIFICANT step back for this program. I don't see how this team wins any more then one or two more games....Doing a quick count going back to conference play last year...we are 13-29.....check my math but that's almost as bad as their shooting %....31%

One W in the last 2+ weeks.....2 W's in a month.....3 W's in TWO MONTH's.....the taste of victory has all but vanished!

All it takes for this team to become real scary is for Tim and Will to start showing up. I know that there has been NOTHING thus far this season to suggest that they will just magically turn it on. However, you can't argue that they are two of the most talented individuals in the league. If they decide to start playing again, and you combine that with the progress being made by the kids, I just don't think it's out of the question for us to make a run. I'm not saying this is going to happen, or that it's even LIKELY to happen. I'm just saying, it's something to hope for and to think about...

All it takes for this team to become real scary is for Tim and Will to start showing up. I know that there has been NOTHING thus far this season to suggest that they will just magically turn it on. However, you can't argue that they are two of the most talented individuals in the league. If they decide to start playing again, and you combine that with the progress being made by the kids, I just don't think it's out of the question for us to make a run. I'm not saying this is going to happen, or that it's even LIKELY to happen. I'm just saying, it's something to hope for and to think about...

"Hope Dies Last"....there is a lot to think about...it both saddens and angers me how far we've fallen off from our glory days only a short few years ago.

I didn't expect to go dancing every year....I also didn't expect to be fighting to get out of the play-in games for two years straight. This year we are just about a lock for the play-in game...UNH (7th place) is 2 1/2 half games up on us...we are more likely to sink to 9th in the conference then get out of the play-in game. It'd difficult to stomach but it's the reality of the situation.

Like DP said....chickens are coming home to roost.

I think it could happen, but also that it probably won't.

The big question left unanswered, of course, is: WHY "There has been NOTHING thus far this season to suggest that they will just magically turn it on."?

The big question left unanswered, of course, is: WHY "There has been NOTHING thus far this season to suggest that they will just magically turn it on."?

I find it offensive to base our success the rest of the way on whether or not Ambrose and Harris "decide to start playing again". Do we recruit players based on when and if they decide to contribute.

Maybe talent isn't truly talent if it isn't accompanied by consistency. Both of these guys have never shown much ability to consistently contribute in a team environment.

I find it offensive to base our success the rest of the way on whether or not Ambrose and Harris "decide to start playing again". Do we recruit players based on when and if they decide to contribute.

Maybe talent isn't truly talent if it isn't accompanied by consistency. Both of these guys have never shown much ability to consistently contribute in a team environment.

If it's a matter of "deciding to play" why not take the decision out of their hands? What could be the harm....another loss....?

If it's a matter of "deciding to play" why not take the decision out of their hands? What could be the harm....another loss....?

the previous 2 games Harris missed, the team lost in a nailbiter both times. Harris returns, and we get blown out by 20. I know that Harris only played 9 minutes but who knows...maybe the team is better off without him

To me, at least part of our current situation is a result of losing most of those two recruiting classes right after the championship years. I wasn't super surprised a lot of those guys transferred but it left us with a void of upperclassman that we usually would have (Read: leadership)

It seemed like Coach Brown tried to remedy that with a mix of a transfer (Harris) Jucos (Johnson, McRae, Hastings, Barraza) and some pretty good freshman. Obviously that hasn't worked. There have been times when I've watched this team and wondered if Raffa hadn't bolted to Coastal and Aronhalt hadn't redshirted last year where we'd be. I know, woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I agree with Haggy's post that we really don't have much we can point to that we do well other than free throw shooting. I'd still like to see Harris (who can shoot as well as anyone in our league) play at the PF spot but I don't know that will happen.

Raffa, Josh Martin (who showed signs of being a very good PG in this leage), Al Turley. All for different reasons, but those three would all be seeing significant minutes on this team, and I would say 2 of them would be starters.

That is hard to overcome. Add to that the standard graduations each year and we are really lacking.

Raffa, Josh Martin (who showed signs of being a very good PG in this leage), Al Turley. All for different reasons, but those three would all be seeing significant minutes on this team, and I would say 2 of them would be starters.

That is hard to overcome. Add to that the standard graduations each year and we are really lacking.

And I think that's why CB brought in the huge freshman recruiting class...trying to go back to what brought us the glory years

Archived