UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Wyland said among the issues discussed with the Giants was the cost of feeding the players (Giants pay for meals, I don't know why it would be any more expensive here than elsewhere) and that for the first time they wanted to use Fallon Field for practice. Rodger expects that it will be a one-year deal (they still don't have enough housing near the new place) and there's a chance they'll stay as long as Coughlin is coach, so root for a good year.

I always thought the least we could do is hand out UAlbany schedule posters to visitors during camp, but maybe they figure there isn't enough seating at U Field to make it worthwhile.

I doubt visitors are turned off by the seating because aren't very few if any practices held at University Field anyway? Aren't most on the practice fields?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wyland said among the issues discussed with the Giants was the cost of feeding the players (Giants pay for meals, I don't know why it would be any more expensive here than elsewhere) and that for the first time they wanted to use Fallon Field for practice. Rodger expects that it will be a one-year deal (they still don't have enough housing near the new place) and there's a chance they'll stay as long as Coughlin is coach, so root for a good year.

I always thought the least we could do is hand out UAlbany schedule posters to visitors during camp, but maybe they figure there isn't enough seating at U Field to make it worthwhile.

I doubt visitors are turned off by the seating because aren't very few if any practices held at University Field anyway? Aren't most on the practice fields?

I'm not surprised that they want to use Fallon Field now that the bleachers are done. I have to imagine its much easier to have open practices and keep it secure there than it is on the practice fields.

That's why it makes so much sense for them to help with the stadium. They'll get a lot of use out of it as well.

Archived