UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

We won't have anyone drafted this year.

Barksdale ended last year with the Cardinals.

Andre Coleman ended last year with the Chargers.

I'm pretty sure they had a pro-day on March 23rd, but I haven't heard anything about the results.

• 3 weeks later...

We should probably find out today.

Morris said that he would meet with the coaching staff and general manager Mark Dominik to choose some of the try-out players to sign to the team. The Bucs are likely to make their decisions and announce the signings on Monday.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/6998

No specific news on McCarty though.

Thanks. I kind of knew he wouldn't be signed by them but thought maybe there would be some news on how he did. An update would be a good story for someone at the Times Union to follow up on and speak with David about it.

Yeah, that would be nice, but I wouldn't hold your breath. The only hope for that to happen is if Mark McGuire is interested. Singleas certainly isn't.

And Fox23 delivers

http://www.fox23news.com/sports/custom/localsports/story/Tampa-Bay-Camp-Ends-Early-for-LaSalles-McCarty/lbruStU5YUeWTQf5L_oFCQ.cspx

While former high school teammate Scott Sicko got singled out in a positive way by Dallas coach Wade Phillips durning his mini-camp, David McCarty never got the same opportunity in Tampa Bay Buccaneers2_bing.gif camp.

"I did not get the opportunity to do anything," McCarty told us today.

That because of a irregularity in a test taken on the former Section II all-stars heart during the routine pre-camp physical.

"It was something odd with my heart so they released me," McCarty said. "They said it very well could have just been nerves or stress causing the problem. I was very nervous."

McCarty said the Bucs told him to go home and get checked out by his own physician, which he'll do tomorrow. He has never had any heart issues of any kind prior to this test, which leads him to believe it was nerves related.

"They said they'd give me a call later on to see how things are," McCarty said indicating he could get another shot with the Buccaneers at a later date.

Hopefully it was really just related to the nerves.

Archived