UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Official news on Stadium & Track

danefan

The picture on page 54 looks like they're planning on a field between SEFCU arena and the soccer field, seating on the west sideline and north endzone. That would require a lot of digging.

On the Office of Facilities Management Academic Project page, the roof of SEFCU Arena will be replaced between March and August 2010.

On the Sitework page the pins for

"Athletic Fields Repair/Improvement'

Repair and upgrade track facility, relocate

football facility. Design to start summer

Athletics

Est. Start Summer 2010

Est. End Fall 2013 :angry2:

Dave LaComb 442-3400

It's a date, if nothing else. Though I can't imagine what could take four years.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The picture on page 54 looks like they're planning on a field between SEFCU arena and the soccer field, seating on the west sideline and north endzone. That would require a lot of digging.

On the Office of Facilities Management Academic Project page, the roof of SEFCU Arena will be replaced between March and August 2010.

On the Sitework page the pins for

"Athletic Fields Repair/Improvement'

Repair and upgrade track facility, relocate

football facility. Design to start summer

Athletics

Est. Start Summer 2010

Est. End Fall 2013 :angry2:

Dave LaComb 442-3400

It's a date, if nothing else. Though I can't imagine what could take four years.

Ummmm...you may have hit gold and dont even realize it; this, to me, shows the first signs of phasing. IT absolutely will not take 4 years to build all of those fields (presume soccer, football and track). I see this as phase 1...summer time get a turf/grass field up with some limited stands and press box/coaches box. Phase 2 (Summer of 2011) add the other side. Phase 3 (summer of 2012) Build endzone...and put in concessions. Phase 4 (Summer of 2013) build restrooms...etc......

I believe it shows the field where the current soccor field is, and the soccer field moved to the east.

Mostly, but the seating backs up right to the SEFCU parking lot. Or maybe the drawing's not exactly to scale.

Also looks like another soccer pitch behind the softball field, and a practice field next to Dutch Quad.

I believe it shows the field where the current soccor field is, and the soccer field moved to the east.

Take out the second deck and the away stands and the picture in the PDF looks earily similar to this

b_144450.jpg

Am I crazy?

Hopefully not crazy...and right....

...but you have taken many hits to the noggin and your chosen career might still make you certifiable. smile.gif

laugh.gif That's the truth.

But anyway, I can't imagine how long something like this could take. If they put the field where the soccer field is now, there isn't a lot of excavation that needs to be done.

I am just assuming its going to be a turf field, so I also imagine this has something to do with the Giants coming back. In all reality, they could have the turf field down on the current soccer field before the Giants even get there. Turf fields go down in no time.

I am just assuming its going to be a turf field, so I also imagine this has something to do with the Giants coming back. In all reality, they could have the turf field down on the current soccer field before the Giants even get there. Turf fields go down in no time.

Heres some clarification of what the State is giving Cortland for the Jets coming back - http://www.wicz.com/news2005/viewarticle.asp?a=13627

and they already have the better facility than us! From what I was told, NY State has money in a fund if the Giants do come back, which supposedly, they will be coming back.

UAFOOTBALL...I read that in the NY POST...and almost wanted to post it here last week...but almost vomited when I saw the 600k figure.

I want to thank you for giving me a reason to drink tonight...not that I need it :)

70-100,000 spectators per year. Reminds me of the estimated 'economic benefits' touted when the Giants came to Albany. What was NYG's biggest attendance in Albany, 46K? But if COrtland gets 100K, what an indictment that is of Capital Region fans.

Heres some clarification of what the State is giving Cortland for the Jets coming back - http://www.wicz.com/news2005/viewarticle.asp?a=13627

and they already have the better facility than us! From what I was told, NY State has money in a fund if the Giants do come back, which supposedly, they will be coming back.

I do not get it? Why is Cortland taking away turf and adding grass fields; and Albany needs to do the opposite? Anyone know what is going on; both Jets and Giants ultimately play on the same field? Did I read the link article wrong? Also, I cannot believe the Jets in Cortland out draw the Giant in Albany. Is this really true??

Archived