UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Colorado is off to the PAC-10. Nebraska is going off to the Big-10. The Big 12 is likely going to fold. Are we on the verge of the Big 16 and PAC-16? The Big East may get hammered. The Big East may not survive. There is going to be a lot of college movement and that WILL trickle down.

Let’s have some fun. What would it take for Albany to get into the CAA? Would AE add football? It’s all possible. I hope New York will someday be a factor but until then what sort of trickle down can you imagine?

I actually don't think this reorg

anization will touch FCS football too much. I'll predict though that the Big East and the Big XII are kaput as football conferences.

As far as us getting into the CAA, we need to get that stadium going as a start. Have a looksee at what Delaware just unveiled:

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16116&sid=bf217306847cd3bbdf4261ada0a2860e

What happens to the big east football programs then?

Where do they go? Independent?

If fcs football programs / schools are concerned about costs, etc.. it might very well have its own shuffling. UAlbany will not be considered for anything, until we get a facility that's respectable. It would be fine if we were still DIII or a community college. We are wasting one of the biggest wild cards out there in fcs football, coach Ford. Between Philip & McElroy, they are screwing everything up.

At this point, I think the state school on long island has surpassed UA in just about every

aspect of athletics. All of our achievements have been equaled or surpassed. Their facilities are superior, and seem to be heading for continued growth. We get nothing.

For a few years, I thought we were heading for HUGE things. Those thoughts are slowly reversing themselves. I also thought there was something really special in our AD leader. Now, I'm starting to think it was a fluke, and that alot of people could have come up with the same results. Afterall, it's a BIG state school that was ready for the upgrade to DI. Real leadership would take us to the next level. Is it going to happen? A decades and alls we have is a 2500 seat lacrosse field.

The excuses have grown old.

What happens to the big east football programs then?

Where do they go? Independent?

If fcs football programs / schools are concerned about costs, etc.. it might very well have its own shuffling. UAlbany will not be considered for anything, until we get a facility that's respectable. It would be fine if we were still DIII or a community college. We are wasting one of the biggest wild cards out there in fcs football, coach Ford. Between Philip & McElroy, they are screwing everything up.

At this point, I think the state school on long island has surpassed UA in just about every

aspect of athletics. All of our achievements have been equaled or surpassed. Their facilities are superior, and seem to be heading for continued growth. We get nothing.

For a few years, I thought we were heading for HUGE things. Those thoughts are slowly reversing themselves. I also thought there was something really special in our AD leader. Now, I'm starting to think it was a fluke, and that alot of people could have come up with the same results. Afterall, it's a BIG state school that was ready for the upgrade to DI. Real leadership would take us to the next level. Is it going to happen? A decades and alls we have is a 2500 seat lacrosse field.

The excuses have grown old.

I can see the Big East football programs splitting amongst the Big 10, CUSA and ACC. The Big East will be a Catholic School basketball league.

It is sad to see the largest state university in the country not even being an after thought in this national drama. SUNY doesn't need to be the in the top tier but it shouldn't be in the bottom.

Big East football is probably over. I could see some possibilities where the northeast creates a new conference. Out of the ashes, if you will. There are two factors we need to consider. The costs of traveling and if the CAA loses some of their members. What if Big East football survives but needs teams? They could give a Delaware an invite? Conference USA could be looking for members as well? If the CAA lost a few colleges, they may look to an Albany to back fill?

It's not likely but it is possible.

Life is not about luck or waiting on others. If Albany wants to get out of the celler it needs to take control of it's own future.

Boise State just announced they are going to the Mountain West. ESPN is reporting that the WAC is looking to the FCS to fill their spot. We could see a shake-up in the West Coast FCS teams. I would imagine the WAC is looking at Montana, Montana State, Cal Poly, UC Davis, Texas State, Portland State, South and/or North Dakota State maybe, etc...

It is sad to see the largest state university in the country not even being an after thought in this national drama. SUNY doesn't need to be the in the top tier but it shouldn't be in the bottom.

Life is not about luck or waiting on others. If Albany wants to get out of the celler it needs to take control of it's own future.

It's more than sad that a state can't comprehend what athletics does for its university system as a whole.

You're exactly correct... life is not about luck or waiting on others. The problem is, we have no idea if Philip or McElroy have any goals or aspirations for the athletic department. For all we know, they are content with their salaries and future pensions.... and really aren't looking to upgrade if they actually have to put in the time and effort.

Maybe it has always been just a bit of hot air, and nothing more.

There's nothing more disgusting than after ten years of DI, coach Ford still hasn't been given a quality facility, so he can take us to the next level.

If we gave him the 63 full scholarships, and a quality stadium, he'd bring us a national championship.

It's more than sad that a state can't comprehend what athletics does for its university system as a whole.

You're exactly correct... life is not about luck or waiting on others. The problem is, we have no idea if Philip or McElroy have any goals or aspirations for the athletic department. For all we know, they are content with their salaries and future pensions.... and really aren't looking to upgrade if they actually have to put in the time and effort.

Maybe it has always been just a bit of hot air, and nothing more.

There's nothing more disgusting than after ten years of DI, coach Ford still hasn't been given a quality facility, so he can take us to the next level.

If we gave him the 63 full scholarships, and a quality stadium, he'd bring us a national championship.

I find this whole conference realignment to be a disgrace... and I'm retty sure we don't have the leadership to manuever ourselves into a good spot when the dominoes fall. It is very sad

I think we all know that New York now has two flagships and we aren't one of them. Stony Brook would get into the CAA if an opening became available. Our leadership screwed up when they didn't follow SB south in Football and I am not sure we will ever catch up to them again. Hell, I could see SB getting to FBS (if the dominoes fall a certain way) before we ever get a legitimate stadium.

I think we all know that New York now has two flagships and we aren't one of them. Stony Brook would get into the CAA if an opening became available. Our leadership screwed up when they didn't follow SB south in Football and I am not sure we will ever catch up to them again. Hell, I could see SB getting to FBS (if the dominoes fall a certain way) before we ever get a legitimate stadium.

I agree. I'm accepting the fact that I now have to say "We used to beat the heck out of Stony Brook in everything" when the subject comes up with people.

Terrible.

The landscape of D1 football (both FBS and FCS) is shifting...here we sit with nothing to look forward to. The DEAFENING SILENCE continues.

BTW, beautiful looking stadium Delaware if working on.

How much money has been spent on "studies" at UA?

How long has Delaware been working on their plans?

I've heard UD fans talking about improvements for at least five years. Note the quote in the story - other than additional gyms and meeting rooms in the Bob Carpenter Center, which may be finished by fall 2011 "Less clear, however, is the timetable and cost estimate for the other improvements to athletic facilities. Muir touched on neither during his presentation Saturday, but has indicated previously that the timetable will depend largely on when large financial donations can be secured." Sound familiar?

I've heard UD fans talking about improvements for at least five years. Note the quote in the story - other than additional gyms and meeting rooms in the Bob Carpenter Center, which may be finished by fall 2011 "Less clear, however, is the timetable and cost estimate for the other improvements to athletic facilities. Muir touched on neither during his presentation Saturday, but has indicated previously that the timetable will depend largely on when large financial donations can be secured." Sound familiar?

Yes, Delaware has had a crisis of leadership for a while now too. This is the first time they've released drawings though. But unlike our situation, I'd be willing to be the Tub will be expanded well before 2016 (6 years post-release of the drawings).

This really doesn't have anything to do with us buy I can see the Big East Conference staying together if they add Memphis and possibly talk Villanova into moving up to FBS. Brings the Big East to 9 football schools and adds a good basketball program to the mix. I think people who already assume that the Big East is dead really underestimate the value of Paul Tagliabue.

They mention more about the Memphis scenario here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_staples/06/12/expansion.saturday/index.html

This really doesn't have anything to do with us buy I can see the Big East Conference staying together if they add Memphis and possibly talk Villanova into moving up to FBS. Brings the Big East to 9 football schools and adds a good basketball program to the mix. I think people who already assume that the Big East is dead really underestimate the value of Paul Tagliabue.

They mention more about the Memphis scenario here: http://sportsillustr...rday/index.html

I think you're right, there is a chance. But I think Villanova is a long shot even though I hope they go (opens a spot in the CAA). Villanova has a problem with location. They have nowhere to build a large stadium and I don't think Lincoln Financial Field would let both Temple and Nova play there.

Archived