UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football Gameday: UAlbany vs Maine

Did the TU even send a reporter to UMO, they do it for basketball why not football?

Nope. When a reporter is at the game there would be a story in the paper with a reporters by-line on it. All I saw when I borrowed yesterday's paper was the small report with "staff" on it. BTW, The TU is just as bad with basketball. I don't know how many games I have been to where they didn't have a reporter including the last time I went to Maine a couple of seasons ago.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is rather pathetic, isn't it!

Was it danefan that sent a letter to the editor saying...

Albany is a college sports, not a professional sport city.

How about supporting all of the quality college sports this district has to offer.

What better sport to support than FCS Football!

Get on the ball TU... regardless if you're only a newspaper or not.

Eye on the prize baby, NEC Championship!

Good way to start the season. Open with two tough OOC opponents and then a week off to examine things.

All right, here's the question alum73 and I had in the stands: did the rule change to allow linemen to stand back up after going into a three-point stance? Does the QB have to call 'wait a minute, I'm changing the play'? Linemen were always told 'If you're set, you're set, no movement until the snap'. Now they get set, stand up, and reset.

All right, here's the question alum73 and I had in the stands: did the rule change to allow linemen to stand back up after going into a three-point stance? Does the QB have to call 'wait a minute, I'm changing the play'? Linemen were always told 'If you're set, you're set, no movement until the snap'. Now they get set, stand up, and reset.

The rule was (unless changed) that a lineman could stand up if they didn't put their hands below the level of their knees. So, as you say, if the player is in a 3-point stance he cannot move.

These are the 2009-2010 rules - page 99-100

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/FR09.pdf

I can't find the 2010 rule book, but I don't remember hearing any change to that rule. I think the only change was clarification on the number of players on the line of scrimmage. They changed it to no more than 4 in the backfield, as opposed to 7 on the line. That's why you hear Refs announcing violations as "5 men in the backfield" as opposed to "6 on the line of scrimmage". That was changed to avoid the penalty when a team only has 10 on the field (6 on the line and 4 in the backfield).

Found I had one clip of what we couldn't figure out why it wasn't a false start

- paste into your browser, I don't see how to make this a live link

Ok, so that makes sense. The last guy on the line of scrimmage can do it.

The rule reads as follows:

A lineman between the snapper and the player on the end of the line, after having placed a hand(s) on or near the ground (below the knees), moving his hand(s) or making any quick movement; or a lineman other than the snapper wearing number 50 through 79, after having placed a hand(s) on or near the ground (below the knees), moving his hand(s) or making any quick movement (A.R. 7-1-3-VII, VIII, X and XI).

Archived