UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football Gameday: UAlbany vs Maine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another observation. This OL needs to do a much better job with the pass protection if we are going to move the ball and score throughout the season. I know it's first game and Maine is a good competitor but there was way too much pressure on the QB.

Yup! And there were a lot of good things on the DB side of things, but more bad passes and drops by Maine then good plays by our DBs. That won't happen next week. Got button that up, but man what a confidence builder.

Ugly win but a win.

Noticed DiLella telegraphing his passes, looked right at receiver all the way when a D-lineman knocked the pass down.

O-line got a push sometimes, but didn't open many holes. Saw Drew using both hands on the ball later in the game.

Great catches by Kerchner. A few nicks - guard #55 on crutches (ankle sprain?), iced shoulder on another guy. #8 I think had a cramp.

I'll post more after the weekend - lousy internet signal at my hotel (but what do you expect for $53/night)

Reading the FCS forums, people more disappointed in Maine then giving us props. No respect! On the road, breaking in a QB and RB, in the end they don't ask how you won but if you won.

WOOT!

Did we even get the respect of having an article today in the so-called number 1 local paper about the number 1 team in the area in the number 1 college sport

Reading the FCS forums, people more disappointed in Maine then giving us props. No respect! On the road, breaking in a QB and RB, in the end they don't ask how you won but if you won.

WOOT!

Did we even get the respect of having an article today in the so-called number 1 local paper about the number 1 team in the area in the number 1 college sport

Not in the online version.

Well I didn't miss it then, The TU is a joke. They had an article about Pitt on-line, but not Albany.

BTW, At lunch today I borrowed a co-workers copy of the TU for a minute. All I saw was a small staff report. So attached are real articles from the Maine point of view. And the Bangor Daily news has a decent writup, but I am not getting the link to work here

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/an-oh-no-in-orono_2010-09-03.html

Well I didn't miss it then, The TU is a joke. They had an article about Pitt on-line, but not Albany.

BTW, At lunch today I borrowed a co-workers copy of the TU for a minute. All I saw was a small staff report. So attached are real articles from the Maine point of view. And the Bangor Daily news has a decent writup, but I am not getting the link to work here

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/an-oh-no-in-orono_2010-09-03.html

One thing I don't understand about the TU is UA Football based on average attendance is the second most popular college sports team in the capital region with 2009 average of 3,922. Why do they not spend more time focusing on football? We have the best draw in the region Union avg is 2019 and RPI was 2415 (I feel like they get more attention). We have been nationally ranked and played in bowl games. We have a coaching legend and players who have made it to the nfl. UA deserves better and the TU needs to do a better job of covering UA Football. Did the TU even send a reporter to UMO, they do it for basketball why not football?

THE TU has been Binging Albany, as a university, for years. Since I was there, they even established a town-gown kind of pipeline to make the TU realize the good of Albany.

Paper has been...and always will be a rag. I would love for Albany to shut down for a month during the school year (of course this will never happen). The economic pain the region would feel would be huge.

The TU is lazy...and Mark apparently can't multi-task.

Archived