UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Abe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the passion and I am more eager to see what the fresh and determined drive of Coach Abe can do for this team then I am for seeing what will develop on the men's side.

Even knowing that it won't be until next year that Coach Abe will have any of her own recruits in the program, my initial impressions of her are so positive that I am offering a wager to anybody that wants it:

Five dollars says the women's basketball team has more wins than the men's basketall team this season.

I'll take all comers. Who's in?

Let me know before tip-off tomorrow.

The women are only on pace to score 46 points in their game.

The women are shooting 23% from the field.

The women haven't hit a shot from outside all game.

Wait, what's that? The women are leading their game at the half. (23-22)

I guess the moral is that if you don't score many points, and your offense isn't playing well, that you have to give up even less to the opponent.

UA only scores 49 points in the game.

UA only shoots 32% from the field.

UA only shoots 2-12 from 3-pt range.

UA only has four of its players score in the game.

And yet, Coach ABE sits at 2-0 after winning tonight 49-43.

I guess the updated moral of this story is that if you are going to score in the forties, hold your opponents to less, and you can win. Huh.

Ladies go to 3-0 on season beating Manhattan by one at Manhattan. Manhattan Falls to 1-2.

Good for the team and good for Coach Abe. It is too bad it could not have happened three years ago.

Of course there is no point to be excited, because "you don't freak on early season games".

Archived