UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Patterson gets a contract extention

I'm not sure when this was announced. Interesting that she's only in the middle of a four year deal. I'm thinking maybe they expect the Lady Danes to have a big year next year and want to keep Patterson from looking elsewhere..(?)

HEAD BASKETBALL COACH TRINA PATTERSON RECEIVES TWO-YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION

Albany, N.Y. – University at Albany Director of Athletics Lee McElroy announced today that head women’s basketball coach Trina Patterson has received a two-year contract extension.

Patterson, who has two years remaining on her original four-year contract, was named the ninth head coach in the Albany women’s basketball program’s history on May 6, 2002.

"I am extremely pleased with the progress that our program has made," McElroy said. "Trina and her staff have provided strong leadership and a positive environment for our student-athletes. The program’s improvement over the last two years has paved the way for continued success."

Coach Patterson led UAlbany to its first-ever America East Conference postseason tournament appearance in 2003-04. The Great Danes, who finished 13-16 overall, and tied for fourth in the conference standings with a 9-9 mark, defeated Hartford in the quarterfinal round, before losing to eventual champion Maine in the semifinals.

With Patterson at the helm, the UAlbany program showed a five-win improvement from the previous year with a 9-18 record in 2002-03. The Great Danes were 4-23 and winless in conference play the season prior to her appointment.

"I am excited about the opportunity to continue to move our program in a positive direction," said Patterson, who served as an assistant coach on the 2003 USA Basketball Women’s Pan American Games Team. "This extension is a clear indication the administration is pleased with our efforts. Dr. McElroy, Gail Cummings-Danson (associate athletics director) and the entire University administration have been very supportive. I am thankful to my players and staff whose hard work and commitment have been instrumental in our progress."

Story in today's TU about Patterson's contract extention. Dane96 I was thinking the same thing about Brown. I'm sure he will be rewarded next year. As much as I like him as a coach I can't see them announcing a contract extention after a season in which the men's team set a school record for losses. Brown certainly came into a much tougher situation that Patterson did who had a bunch of good players already here.

In terms of Brown, you don't receive contract extensions for the recruits you sign. It is for the results those recruits produce. We will have those answers by the end of next season, won't we??? It was obvious the women's program was a year ahead of schedule. This coming season the men's program is capable of passing what the women accomplished.

DI is about winning!!!!

If next year is a turnaround year for the Men, Brown will be rewarded!

Of course with him in a limbo situation it will make his recruiting for 05/06 more difficult because I am sure his buddies (the conference coaches) will let recruits know (accidentally) that Brown may not be around when they they show up for classes.

If next year is a turnaround year for the Men, Brown will be rewarded!-Patch

If next year is a turnaround year for the men? If??? C'mon Patch it's the offseason, show some optimism. I had a $iena fan tell me our last place finish set us up for next year because he thought we could go from worst to first and be a great story. I'm pretty sure he wasn't being sarcastic :D

Dane Pound

Excuse my reserved attitude.....

We haven't had much success with Big people over the last 3 seasons...

Either injuries or other circumstances stripped our roster of.....

Outtara 6'7"

Bonner 6'8"

Barnhill 6'6"

Wyatt (02/03) 6'6"

Pipikis 6'8"

Hughes 6'8"

If Zoellner, Dyson and Brent Wilson can play - we could be the most improved team in the AE! These 3 guys are most important to our success next season.

I have no doubts that Wilson, Jordan, Iati and Levine will make us a better offensive team.

"Q", Wyatt , Johnson, Lillis, Bauman, Knotts and Martin will give us alot more options than we had before

I'm hoping by the end of next season we'll be ready to make a big move at the AE Tourney