UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Patriot League teams to offer scholarships

Decision just made to allow up to 60 athletic scholarships per team (after a four-year transition). For most PL teams it won't be that much more aid but gives them a wider pool applicants than the need-based formula.

http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021312aac.html

On another note, a poster on the Colgate board says that 'gate will play Albany every year thru 2015 (doesn't give the home/away split or dates).

So...what does McElroy do now?!?!

Seriously, I cannot believe that we will build a stadium to be in a bottom feeder league with upset aspirations. Yes, folks..that's how big this PL announcement is. Frankly, that league will be a force in a few short years.

We desperately need to get to counter status...get us 57...and we are good. I can give a $iena if we hammer the rest of our league that doesn't get the full allotment. I want one BCS game a year to support the rides...and the ability to recruit top notch players. Top notch players allows you to schedule teams to come to "BOB FORD FIELD", which puts asses in the seats...which allows you to charge $$$$$ for the VIP boxes...which allows you to generate the $$$ to pay the loan required to build out the stadium to 15,000 or so seats.

15,000 seats gets you mid-sized concerts. Guess who keeps concession revenues, parking revenue, and oh yeah, a percentage of ticket sales. For a 15,000 seat concert, you are looking at approximately 30% revenue share of 15,000 x 50 bucks per seat (including concessions, revenue of tix, parking). About 70% is lost to security, lighting, payout to the musicians, etc.

That's a cool 225,000 profit PER concert. Heck, if you have 10 concerts at 100k profit, you made a cool million.

You know how much 34 full rides (to get to counter status and meet Title IX) is? About 600,000. Paid for...by concerts.

Capisco Dr. McElroy?!?!?!

It's basic business math; you have to strategically spend money to make money. Self-sufficiency is plausible.

Dr. McElroy...some of your, and I paraphrase, donors who didn't give as much as you thought because of the recession are here with LEGIT IDEAS.

Call us, or lead us with some inspirational direction.

DIRECTION WITH A ROAD MAP = DONATIONS

Sincerely,

YOUR SUCCESSFUL ALUMNI

So...what does McElroy do now?!?!

Seriously, I cannot believe that we will build a stadium to be in a bottom feeder league with upset aspirations. Yes, folks..that's how big this PL announcement is. Frankly, that league will be a force in a few short years.

We desperately need to get to counter status...get us 57...and we are good. I can give a $iena if we hammer the rest of our league that doesn't get the full allotment. I want one BCS game a year to support the rides...and the ability to recruit top notch players. Top notch players allows you to schedule teams to come to "BOB FORD FIELD", which puts asses in the seats...which allows you to charge $$$$$ for the VIP boxes...which allows you to generate the $$$ to pay the loan required to build out the stadium to 15,000 or so seats.

15,000 seats gets you mid-sized concerts. Guess who keeps concession revenues, parking revenue, and oh yeah, a percentage of ticket sales. For a 15,000 seat concert, you are looking at approximately 30% revenue share of 15,000 x 50 bucks per seat (including concessions, revenue of tix, parking). About 70% is lost to security, lighting, payout to the musicians, etc.

That's a cool 225,000 profit PER concert. Heck, if you have 10 concerts at 100k profit, you made a cool million.

You know how much 34 full rides (to get to counter status and meet Title IX) is? About 600,000. Paid for...by concerts.

Capisco Dr. McElroy?!?!?!

It's basic business math; you have to strategically spend money to make money. Self-sufficiency is plausible.

Exacto. Don't get me all worked up, along with a dozen or so others.

36 rides... almost reaching our ceiling just about now.

So where do we go? As far as we know, there is no talk of NEC moving up to counter status., no open invite to CAA, not a good match for the Patriot. Big South seems like the only available option and yet to me it adds nothing to build up support for the fanbase outside of a Stony Brook game every other year until they inevitably move up to a better conference. The stadium is really just the first step.

So where do we go? As far as we know, there is no talk of NEC moving up to counter status., no open invite to CAA, not a good match for the Patriot. Big South seems like the only available option and yet to me it adds nothing to build up support for the fanbase outside of a Stony Brook game every other year until they inevitably move up to a better conference. The stadium is really just the first step.

Not sure if you saw this. Kind of flew under the radar.

http://blog.timesunion.com/sports/ualbany-football-facility-could-lead-to-bigger-things/175/

UAlbany football coach Bob Ford said he could foresee the Great Danes moving into a full-scholarship FCS league such as the Colonial Athletic Association, or even the America East, should that conference decide to sponsor football.

“Yeah, possibly,” he said. “I think the America East, there’s been talk about that conference adding football. I’m not sure if it’ll happen or when it’ll happen. But I think that’s where this institution belongs, with the (full-scholarship) Delawares and the UMasses, and the New Hampshires and the Maines. That’s where we belong.”

There really is nowhere to go right now.

So where do we go? As far as we know, there is no talk of NEC moving up to counter status., no open invite to CAA, not a good match for the Patriot. Big South seems like the only available option and yet to me it adds nothing to build up sup

Not sure if you saw this. Kind of flew under the radar.

http://blog.timesunion.com/sports/ualbany-football-facility-could-lead-to-bigger-things/175/

UAlbany football coach Bob Ford said he could foresee the Great Danes moving into a full-scholarship FCS league such as the Colonial Athletic Association, or even the America East, should that conference decide to sponsor football.

“Yeah, possibly,” he said. “I think the America East, there’s been talk about that conference adding football. I’m not sure if it’ll happen or when it’ll happen. But I think that’s where this institution belongs, with the (full-scholarship) Delawares and the UMasses, and the New Hampshires and the Maines. That’s where we belong.”

There really is nowhere to go right now.

nice find. I have to believe full scholly and new conference is the goal. Why else build a $24MM facility?

Independent for a short while? Although we wouldn't get an auto bid, we would have full scholarships,

and just might be beating everyone in the country with that talent & with FORDIE, making it to the tournament anyways.

Just realized, this recruiting class that was just announced must have been told about the stadium going up this summer,

as I'm sure they knew it was a go... (just never told us) Recruiting only gets wildly better from here.

Now, lets go full scholliies

Archived