UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men's Basketball Adds 4 for 12-13

• 2 weeks later...

I was away while most of this transpired, so I am late commenting; but I have two thoughts/questions. I know there has been a lot of speculation on the scholly breakdown/number; anyone have an update or more definitive answer. Second there seems to be several comments about the number of JUCO's being brought in and how that might be a reaction to Brown's "short-term" contract extension. While I see your point, I do not really agree. I feel it is more a response to losing two senior leaders in a year when we'd be hosting the conference tournament and with Logan and Suero would have been 1 or 2 pre-season favorite.

..... Second there seems to be several comments about the number of JUCO's being brought in and how that might be a reaction to Brown's "short-term" contract extension. While I see your point, I do not really agree. I feel it is more a response to losing two senior leaders in a year when we'd be hosting the conference tournament and with Logan and Suero would have been 1 or 2 pre-season favorite.- dyslank

I think it's a combination of both - but being unexpectedly blindsided by losing both Suero and Aronhalt on top of a 2 year extension Brown's hands were tied.

The only players left who could help right away would be JCs who held out to the late signing period.

Brown and his staff probably spent most of this past season evaluating for the 2013 freshman class and then at the last minute needed to replace two of their best. It appears UA will be much improved defensively but it will be hard to replace Suero and Aronhalt offensively. Should be interesting, it should also be interesting to see what Page (redshirt) and Hooley (med redshirt) bring to the table.

Archived