UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Anyone else like the idea of putting the Great Dane on the side of the helmet for next years football uniforms? After looking at our uniforms and comparing them to pretty much everyone else's in the CAA, we really need an upgrade. If not Scooby on the helmet, what would you guys like to see?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that we could use an upgrade in some way, but please no mascots on the helmets...especially Scooby, ugh.

Always been a fan of Washington's take on Purple & Gold but it's probably too similar to JMU:

university-of-washington-football-automatically-imported--wash-f-auto-00003md.jpg

Also like their mascot logo...wish we could refresh the Great Dane to something like this:

2010+washington+huskies+ncaa+football+schedule+results.gif

Edited by madDOG

I agree that we could use an upgrade in some way, but please no mascots on the helmets...especially Scooby, ugh.

Always been a fan of Washington's take on Purple & Gold but it's probably too similar to JMU:

university-of-washington-football-automatically-imported--wash-f-auto-00003md.jpg

Also like their mascot logo...wish we could refresh the Great Dane to something like this:

2010+washington+huskies+ncaa+football+schedule+results.gif

The Scooby mascot has got to go!

I agree though - no mascots on the helmet!

Anyone else like the idea of putting the Great Dane on the side of the helmet for next years football uniforms? After looking at our uniforms and comparing them to pretty much everyone else's in the CAA, we really need an upgrade. If not Scooby on the helmet, what would you guys like to see?

Never liked the current Scooby cartoon. Don't even think I'd like the old one on the helmet.

Maybe take a natural-looking design like on Great Dane trailers

greatdane.jpg

Any throwbacks from the past were pretty much copies of other schools.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/northeast.htm

(BTW anyone with color photos from the 80s, the Helmet Project could use them to fill out our history, the problem is he's very exacting on facemask color and striping)

I don't think the unis need a change, and I really wouldn't like camo or black, stick with the school colors - offically gold 124 and purple 269 on the Pantone Color Table.

Edited by UAalum72

I agree that the current Scooby design sucks but I just think that our current uniform looks like a mediocre High school design. I'd like see a classic Great Dane design on one of the new nike uniforms for our first year in the CAA. I really like Richmonds uniform so I guess I'm thinking something like that with our colors.

I agree that the current Scooby design sucks but I just think that our current uniform looks like a mediocre High school design. I'd like see a classic Great Dane design on one of the new nike uniforms for our first year in the CAA. I really like Richmonds uniform so I guess I'm thinking something like that with our colors.

Our current unis are carbon copies of LSU

lsuwhites.jpg