UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton Lax Overrated?

i know so little about lacrosse, but am i reading it correctly that binghamton, who beat umbc, dropped a game vs. siena (their first win of the season) on tuesday? ... UA fans should hope that they don't drop another to vermont and spoil Dane chances of a regular season title and homefield for the conference tournament ... sports are fun

Dane 96 - I think the rationale is that if Bing loses to Vermont and then to us, they will have 2 league losses and finish third; we and UMBC will have one loss each and UMBC will be the #1 seed based on beating us head to head. So, we will be the #2, will play Bing in the first round at home and if we win will have to play UMBC in Baltimore. If Bing beats Vermont and loses to us, then all three will have one lose and the coin flip scenario will play out. If Bing loses to Vermont, we have no chance for the #1 seed, whereas if they beat Vermont and we beat them, we have a 1 in 3 chance of being the #1 seed.

It all depends in how much value you feel the #1 seed is worth. The last two years, the visitor won the title game.

Edited by statefan

Wow, what an awful loss for Bing. They were at home too. Last week the Baltimore Sun had a story touting Bing's coach as a candidate for national coach of the year. That is right out the window now.

I couldn't find the thread on laxpower but I thought I remember seeing that a three-way tie for first was Albany's only shot for the #1 seed. I think that's why Alumni92 is rooting for Bada-Bing to beat UVM. That way we can try and knock them off and set up a three way tie with everyone with one loss.

We should probably recommend an addition to the tie-breaker rules. Any team that loses to $iena is automatically disqualified from the tie-breaker.

If anything good can come out of the Bada-Bing loss it's that hopefully it prevents the Danes from taking Hartford and their poor record too lightly tonight.

Over the past two years the top three teams in AE lacrosse have been Albany, Stony Brook and Hartford. Not that I'm saying there's a conspiracy or anything but UMBC came into the conference and got home games against all three this year. A pretty warm welcome to the America East if you ask me.

With Stony Brook's victory over UMBC yesterday, it sets up the Albany-Binghamton game as winner take all for the #1 seed in the AE tournament. If we win, Binghamton falls to no lower than second seed; if we lose, we could wind up third seed.

The article on the AE website setting forth the possiblescenarios says the Albany-Binghamton game is scheduled for next Saurday afternoon at Binghamton. I assume this is an error and it is still scheduled for Albany, on the football field at 7:00 PM.