UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. Brown 4pm 12/31

When we have around 3,000 or so at Sefcu it's a much more fun, loud environment. 2400 yesterday without the students. If we can add a couple hundred students to that number we can get near 3K and have a good time in 2013.

DP, if the team keeps winning I am pretty sure we will have a good time in 2013 regardless of how many of these so-called casual fans realize this team is worth watching; the only division 1 basketball team within 100 miles worth following. I also think if they keep winning, more and more of those so-called casual fans will get the memo that this team is "worth following"

Also that is not to say, the area's division 2, 3 and community colleges are not worth mine and others support as well, just that I only see them on days Albany is not playing.

Edited by bob87

Regarding general attendance, I wonder at what point we will start drawing many fans who follow the other D1 school in the area. At what point do they become discouraged with the current situation and start drifting over to Western Avenue? For the last game at the TUC almost 6,000 people attended to see that debacle, and many of them probably knew before the game started that it would end with disappointment. Not all of those in attendance were presumably season ticket holders. Of the remaining attendees, how many do you think we could attract for the rest of our season?

Regarding general attendance, I wonder at what point we will start drawing many fans who follow the other D1 school in the area. At what point do they become discouraged with the current situation and start drifting over to Western Avenue?

Probably two years into their next coach, provided we beat them every year and start getting past the first round of post-AE tournaments.

For the last game at the TUC almost 6,000 people attended to see that debacle, and many of them probably knew before the game started that it would end with disappointment. Not all of those in attendance were presumably season ticket holders. Of the remaining attendees, how many do you think we could attract for the rest of our season?

From what I could see on TW the actual attendance was probably less than half the announced. (Nothing new there, I was at the TUC the night before for a Devlls game and there was nowhere near 5,300 for that game either. Just like $iena fans doubt our actual attendance). But just because people stop going there doesn't mean they'll come to our place instead

No the last game at the Knick had an announced crowd of 5900. Every report I got was that was no where close to reality. Estimates were any where from 1500 - 3000. I don't care if we get any of those people to our games as there are enough smarter fans and alumni in the area we can draw from.

With the way the team is playing, attendence will take care of itself. I expect when the students are back and we play some real rivals, there will be games that you better get your seat early.

For sports fan it's a great night out. The game is over early enough to go to one of the many nearby restaurants. Why not do some promotional work with Fridays etc.? Once you get "hooked" you can't wait for the next game.

I really doubt that UA will attract any disgruntled or otherwise $iena fans. As Bob says, who needs them. Albany is starting to get a decent following in its own right. +2400 for a new years eve matinee with no students in town is not bad. Keep winning and when the students return, you will see ncaa years type crowds of 3000-4000. Maybe more. But the increase will not come from casual "$iena" fans (I am not even sure there is such a thing as a casual fan, or if there is, it is not a significant number). The numbers will come from +140,000 UA alumni and "casual" fans who finally realize what UA means tho the capital district, athletically and otherwise.

Edited by dslyank