UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hartford vs. UAlbany (2/16/2013 @ 7PM)

I don't know that I've praised John Puk's defense that often but I thought he did a nice job on Nwakamma tonight. I also liked moving Guerrier down a spot for some minutes at the PF. He had good numbers and I thought he played better than his stats tonight.

Sounds like Hooley will be out for the BU game and possibly longer. That was a scary shot to the head. Hopefully there's nothing long term. Concussions are scary business.

Just kidding, I know you two, weren't yelling at Brown. Although most coaches never sit down, so I was confused why any knowledgeable person would be yelling that.

I thought both Puk and Metcalf were exceptional on the defensive end tonight.

Edited by alum73

Puk set the tone on defense from the start. His play tonight was stellar. Puk probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves out there. Quick on his feet too.

DJ Evans was great at the point. I like the idea of DJ and Black out there at the same time.

Gary Johnson had a good night too: 5 rebounds in the limited time he had. He is a real "X" factor out there.

Did anyone else notice how small our lineup was at times? 3-4 guards on the court at times including one point in the game where DJ, Iati, and Black were all out there at once. I like how Coach played the matchups tonight against a guard-heavy Hartford team.

Hartford went with some sort of half-court trapping zone on one possession in the first half resulting in Black throwing the ball out of bounds towards the pep band. Strange that Hartford didn't go back to that defense. Was it a 3-2 zone or a 2-1-2 half-court zone?

We shot amazing in this game, and Hartford shot atypically bad. A great win, but if we see Hartford again we should expect a battle.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Did anyone else notice how small our lineup was at times? 3-4 guards on the court at times including one point in the game where DJ, Iati, and Black were all out there at once. I like how Coach played the matchups tonight against a guard-heavy Hartford team.

I imagine we're going to see more of that lineup against BU with Hooley out. I think Watson and DJ Evans will be a fun matchup. DJ seemed to have more of a greenlight last night and looked a lot more confident.

Make it to the finals of the America East tournament. Then

Saw Peter posted that photo on Twitter. And no foul was called. Crazy. So are the fans who were off the cliff now back to the top of the mountain after last night? ;)

Nope. It was a nice blow out win though. Getting to the conference tournament finals will do it for me. Just get there.

Nope. It was a nice blow out win though. Getting to the conference tournament finals will do it for me. Just get there.

I was joking by the way. As I stated in previous threads, I'm on the edge. It is going to be very hard to get to the finals of the tourney. It can happen though. Have to win the first game.

I was joking by the way. As I stated in previous threads, I'm on the edge. It is going to be very hard to get to the finals of the tourney. It can happen though. Have to win the first game.

Hahaha I know...with the tournament being at SEFCU and all I don't think it's too much to ask. It will be a successful season if they can do it. I am not asking for a championship. Just get to the finals.

Hahaha I know...with the tournament being at SEFCU and all I don't think it's too much to ask. It will be a successful season if they can do it. I am not asking for a championship. Just get to the finals.

First round will most like be UNH, UMBC or Maine. With a win they would play UVM in the semis. Not going to be easy. They seem to really have our number.

First round will most like be UNH, UMBC or Maine. With a win they would play UVM in the semis. Not going to be easy. They seem to really have our number.

Gotta get over that hump sometime ;) hopefully it'll be then.

I believe our magic number for the #3 seed is now 2 games. Even if we finish 1-2 (likely), Hartford would have to finish 3-0 to reach 10-6 and be a game ahead of us.

So, 1 UAlbany win coupled with 1 Hartford loss locks up the #3 seed.

As the #3 seed, if we beat UVM in the Conference Tournament on our home court before a packed SEFCU Arena, and Hartford or Maine beats Stony Brook---we host the Conference Title game folks.

Coach on Wyland today: Hooley kept some food down yesterday, is feeling better this morning, won't play against BU, not worried about him at Fairfield, he'll start practicing next Monday if everything goes as expected.

Against BU, normally Iati wouldn't be bringing the ball up (not quick enough) but against their small guards we may go with Black, DJ, and Iati, and also Rowley will help against a press.