UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hartford 2/8

You can say fire him all you want but they are won't with this many years left on his contract. One thing that bothered me tonight was in the post game interview Will said something like "we are not a good outside shooting team. We are an average offensive team. We have the players we have and it's not like we are magically going to get someone to come in have a low post game and shoot 5-5 from 3." Umm, you recruited these guys coach. Don't act like some GM made these decisions to bring these kids in.

What happened to Sam? Is he still hurt? Why do they refuse to stop and pop from the foul line and in instead of wildly driving to the hoop and hoping for a foul? I haven't seen this many missed layups since my son's 9 year old game this afternoon. If I was an opposing coach I would tell my guys to not even get in position to pick up a foul on the drive unless they start making layups, which they miss a lot because they think because they drive they are going to automatically draw a foul so get somewhat out of control.

I really just don't get how this team can sometimes be so good and sometimes so bad. So frustrating.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The season is almost over and we still have not defended the three----giving up more than three 3's per game =s p--- poor defense!!!

Too many guys looking for the other to get the rebound---not a good effort.

With SB losing and us winning out, could have had the 2nd seed. I guess Coach Brown wants to do it the hard way.

The season is almost over and we still have not defended the three----giving up more than three 3's per game =s p--- poor defense!!! Too many guys looking for the other to get the rebound---not a good effort.

We out-rebounded Hartford by 6. Even managed to equal them in defensive rebounds..despite missing 8 more shots than them.

Believe it or not..coming into tonight the team was actually very average in three-point defense (181 out of 351). I think it's just that their opponents often are at the extremes..very hot or very cold.

One thing that bothered me tonight was in the post game interview Will said something like "we are not a good outside shooting team. We are an average offensive team. We have the players we have and it's not like we are magically going to get someone to come in have a low post game and shoot 5-5 from 3." Umm, you recruited these guys coach. Don't act like some GM made these decisions to bring these kids in.

I'd imagine Coach Brown was hoping for a lot more from Haas..as I think most of us were, as well. He's shown some good range from three..but has been relatively inconsistent (32%). Hasn't really helped that he has regularly looked lost on the court, too.

One thing that bothered me tonight was in the post game interview Will said something like "we are not a good outside shooting team. We are an average offensive team. We have the players we have and it's not like we are magically going to get someone to come in have a low post game and shoot 5-5 from 3." Umm, you recruited these guys coach. Don't act like some GM made these decisions to bring these kids in.

I'd imagine Coach Brown was hoping for a lot more from Haas..as I think most of us were, as well. He's shown some good range from three..but has been relatively inconsistent (32%). Hasn't really helped that he has regularly looked lost on the court, too.

We should recruit more jucos... Clearly it's working, look at all the contributions. This all starts on the recruiting trail... For every decent kid we get 4 that can't play or make like McRae and shengalia...

A rock can figure out by now jucos isn't how you build a program... A rock!

I think a contract helps Coach Brown recruit four-year student-athletes..like we see from the 2014 class that has signed so far.

Personally..I wouldn't be against the idea of signed a JUCO big for 2014. Running on the assumption that they would be more playable right away than a freshman big. A real need next year.

I think a contract helps Coach Brown recruit four-year student-athletes..like we see from the 2014 class that has signed so far.

Personally..I wouldn't be against the idea of signed a JUCO big for 2014. Running on the assumption that they would be more playable right away than a freshman big. A real need next year.

We are reaping the rewards now of this failed recruiting strategy. Honestly this is going to be a long four years. An occasional blip and a lot of this...I mean, more then a decade in, this is the reality staring anyone who is willing to look in the face. Through all the rationalizations, excuses, reasons, logic etc, the reality is this program is a losing program overall in the ae. The record doesn't lie. When you look at an individual incident or season all the excuses seem plausible, it all makes sense. When you look at the totality, body of work let's face it...enough with the excuses making for a program who can't get over 500 in the Aeast.

I'm sick, mediocrity is hell... There is now way out but wait and hope something breaks one way or the other.

Edited by Clickclack

The season is almost over and we still have not defended the three----giving up more than three 3's per game =s p--- poor defense!!! Too many guys looking for the other to get the rebound---not a good effort.

The excuse for their bad perimeter defense can't be that teams just happen to get hot against them. They aren't defending it well at all and teams are exploiting that. Opposing coaches are intelligently game planning and exploiting that weakness.

We out-rebounded Hartford by 6. Even managed to equal them in defensive rebounds..despite missing 8 more shots than them.

Believe it or not..coming into tonight the team was actually very average in three-point defense (181 out of 351). I think it's just that their opponents often are at the extremes..very hot or very cold.

That new contract is an albatross around this programs neck. I get the JUCO strategy when Suero and Aromholt left. Not any more. How often does Vermont go that route?

Why he doesn't do more recruiting in the tri state Urban areas has always mystified me.

That new contract is an albatross around this programs neck. I get the JUCO strategy when Suero and Aromholt left. Not any more. How often does Vermont go that route?

Why he doesn't do more recruiting in the tri state Urban areas has always mystified me.

Or sbu for that matter...

I don't care where they recruit from. Just bring in kids that can play.

I don't care where they recruit from. Just bring in kids that can play.

Sounds great... But... Make two columns, one side 4 year kids and on the other all the jucos, and we've had MANY. How many jucos were even in consideration for any ae teams? Or how many were major cogs in the program... Siggers and maybe Iati a transfer, no doubt... That's it! Now look at the four year kids that were groomed here... When we are good it's either Jamar, black leading us. Even thus season, who is contributing regularly... Rowley, Hooley and even Dallas... Sure Johnson has had a solid season as the third option but it took him how long to get it?

Can't believe this is still a discussion... For some programs like Iona, jucos work... Here it's a joke. Useless waste of scholarships. Always have and always will be...

Edited by Clickclack