UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA T&F Champs Tomorrow!

Amazing!

The Albany men and women once again swept the America East Indoor Track and Field Championships. It was the men’s ninth-straight and women’s fourth in five years. The men, who continue to build upon their legacy their 11th overall title and ninth-straight, earned a total of 219 points, while the women totaled 198.50.

Trying to raise $ for an electronic results board. I know a lot of you feel that should take low priority but we're hoping to find a private sponsor or two. With NYS high school champs and AEast / Regional collegiate vents already scheduled the lack of that piece is embarrassing.

I think it is a fantastic idea, albeit a bit disappointing the university doesn't have money to throw around to all the programs...but maybe a dollar fundraised is sweeter than a dollar budget appropriated?

So what's the plan for the approach? Who's spearheading it? What kind of dollar figure are we looking at? For this coming season?

This is all unofficial at the brain storming level so ... - Minimum $300,000K but the wish list also includes an equipment storage facility and refurbished stands so $500,000. Our target date is by Spring of 2015 so it's up by the NYS High School Champs and we can then bid on larger regional and national events.

Strategy may be to find 1 or 2 large donors to seed the pot and then conduct alum and community outreach.

See all at the BBall game tonight!

I think it is sorely needed to make the place top notch. Would the results board include a video screen.

Is that number of 500k realistic? I mean, refurbished stands have to cost at least 100k - 200k. Figure the storage building another 100k. Is 200k enough for a board?

This is all unofficial at the brain storming level so ... - Minimum $300,000K but the wish list also includes an equipment storage facility and refurbished stands so $500,000. Our target date is by Spring of 2015 so it's up by the NYS High School Champs and we can then bid on larger regional and national events.

Strategy may be to find 1 or 2 large donors to seed the pot and then conduct alum and community outreach.

See all at the BBall game tonight!

Great to see the organization for one of UA'S most successful sports.

D96 brings up some legitimate questions; maybe attention should be focused more on one item than trying to solve all the issues at one time.

If you compare the facilities from two years ago to the facilities we have now, just think what we can have in the future with continued success and interest!

Missed you at the game (obviously), but we have had conversations about mats in the past: is there any money there or will older mats be used on brand new surfaces? (Still surprised at the costs of those things...)

I was kind of at the game - Went first half but was so tired from work I snuck out at half time - it's a long drive to Toga! I think there are new matts here or coming. They got most of what they wanted with the track - believe me - no one is complaining! We'll depend on the pro's in the fund raising areas to work out details of how much and what strategy -one at a time,the whole thing ... The results board is he most "sexy" thing to dangle out there so that will lead and then we'll see.