UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Baseball at The Joe!!!

Someone recently posted that baseball added NY Tech (May 11) to its late-season schedule. However, I think they failed to mention that the game will be played at HVCC's Joe Bruno Stadium under the lights at 7:00. This is exciting news despite people's disappointment in the opponent. What a treat it will be to watch the Danes play at this state-of-the-art facility!!! I am looking forward to it.

As we have witnessed with lacrosse, I think the community endorses occasional night games. The more, the merrier.

UA hosting a night game(s) at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium would be great news ... first rate facility ... increased community visibilty for the team ... establishing a lasting relationship with rensselaer county/hvcc for more evening/weekend games in the seasons ahead would be great for the program ... it is unfortunate that the field is not closer to the campus to allow for an even more significant connection

It will be interesting to see how the America East Tourney in Orono draws. Maine fans used to get very excited about the baseball program, but that was back in the 1980s. In 1986 they drew 3,500+ vs. St. Johns for the NCAA Regional final. 1991 was the last big hurrah when they hosted an NCAA regional with Clemson, Mississippi State, Villanova, Towson and Princeton.......2,000+ crowds all weekend. I'll be disappointed if the games involving Maine don't draw at least 600-800 if the weather is nice.

That stadium is much too far away to be hosting the America East Championships. UAlbany needs to focus on Albany, not Troy. Focus on getting a couple hundred students down to crowd the current field. No one is going to make that drive up 787.

Of course if some state legislators hadn't given in to Joe Bruno, the best baseball facility in the area wouldn't belong to a two-year school like HVCC, it would be the crowning jewel in the new facilities plan at UAlbany, and would have started everything off a few years back.

Of course, that didn't happen, as Mr. Brunswick himself cooked up the plan to get something nice for Troy. Too bad no one in the world knows where Troy is or cares anything about it...

While it is true that the Jos.Bruno stadium is not on UA's turf, there's no denying that it is a first-class facility. I think that UA playing there could have the effect of giving UA athletics and the university in general more visibility and identity with the entire Capital Dsitrict.

As a way of keeping student interest perhaps the university could provide transportation from campus to HVCC; other schools seem to use off-campus locations successfully (e.g S****a/Pepsi Arena, Seton Hall/Meadowlands, etc) .

i know that any proposal for AE tournament games hosted by UA in troy would not be perfect, but "much too far away" is a bit of an overstatement (8-10 miles) ... all you need are a few buses and good marketing ... it would have been nice to have seen that facility built on the UA campus, but without "Mr. Brunswick" there would be no such park in the capital district (not to mention a host of other state funded projects in the region) ... approximately 3k fans per night strates that there are many in the area who care about baseball and know where to find troy during the summer months ... go danes

Edited by alumni '92'