UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Drumming up donations!

DanesRGood

As I've mentioned on here before I coordinate several trips up to Albany every year and usually for the AE Tourney (that's done this year though, which sucks) with as many of my alumni friends as I can. I usually get between 5-8 to come up with me. They absolutely LOVE the trip and rave about how much fun it is. I sent a somewhat sarcastic email, half joking, saying I will no longer buy tickets for anyone that has not donated to Albany athletics and I needed a receipt showing they did before I would buy tickets and continue to coordinate the trips. All of a sudden I started receiving emails with receipts for donations ranging from $50 to $300. So far 4 people have done so. I'm honestly shocked that it worked. I guess they like the trip and don't want to be left out. hehe.

Next trip is November for the Stony Brook game and then in January for a bball game. Can't wait!

I think I posted this in another thread but feel free to reach out Casey Crandall who is now Director of Development for UAlbany Athletics. He has been working with Mark too I believe. He'd be your guy if you want to donate specifically to athletics and can answer any and all questions people have.

I'm sure he will be at the game on Saturday too.

Casey W. Crandall ’07, ’12

Director of Development for UAlbany Athletics

518.437.4969 office

518.669.1618 cell

ccrandall@albany.edu

www.albany.edu/danes

Mark Benson-- HIRE DRG for the NYC Market, ASAP.

Nice job!

Where do I sign up? haha!

Don't forget, Stony Brook home game is same day as BB playing Quinnipiac at home. It's a double header day.

I know all about it and can't wait for the doubleheader! Straight from the stadium and into SEFCU. Hope I can keep a few of my buddies from being puddles during the bball game. :)

I think I posted this in another thread but feel free to reach out Casey Crandall who is now Director of Development for UAlbany Athletics. He has been working with Mark too I believe. He'd be your guy if you want to donate specifically to athletics and can answer any and all questions people have.

518.437.4969 office

518.669.1618 cell

ccrandall@albany.edu

www.albany.edu/danes

Thanks for the info! I made sure though that each person put athletics on the donation page on the website.

Mark Benson-- HIRE DRG for the NYC Market, ASAP.

Nice job!

Where do I sign up? haha!

Don't forget, Stony Brook home game is same day as BB playing Quinnipiac at home. It's a double header day.

I know all about it and can't wait for the doubleheader! Straight from the stadium and into SEFCU. Hope I can keep a few of my buddies from being puddles during the bball game. :)

518.437.4969 office

518.669.1618 cell

ccrandall@albany.edu

www.albany.edu/danes

Thanks for the info! I made sure though that each person put athletics on the donation page on the website.

Casey can help any time if it's an away game or home game or if you need anything just contact him. I've heard he works with donors all the time on those sorts of things.

I originally was going to post this in the JMU thread but realized it made more sense here. I was responding to the mass production of the bobble head comment.

"i wouldn't be surprised if they aren't mass producing them because it makes it something people want when you don't have a lot of them. Which is likely the point to get people to the game.. Again ..we couldn't even get 30 season ticket holders or regular fans on a bus to RI..gotta get butts into the chairs some how. Just saying that was pretty sad. Fans have to do their part too..we all do. We gotta do more than talk and complain. Donating time, money, and getting friends and family to games is putting passion into action. Things just don't change because we want them to. Get involved because when you don't your voice won't ever be heard and you'll only be complaining to others who don't get involved either...I mean we've all seen those threads on here.. yeah ... I said it :)

I feel like a PSA announcement lol...but being someone who does donates my time and funds I can personally say that your voice can be heard by people who can make a real difference at the school if you get involved. Not trying to toot my own horn because I know there are a lot of people on here that do the same, but I just had to say it since we all have a chance to have our voices heard. It's especially important now with the change of guard in athletics and a new president. Okay I'm done and off my soap box. "

Edited by MsGDG

Fine job DRG... they must appreciate your effort and the road trip as much as you do!

It has always been cool to hear how you rally your friends down south.

Thanks! I really enjoy it because it gets everyone back together on a more regular basis. We came up last year for opening of the stadium and for AmEast tourney. Both were awesome!!! Then 6 of us went to the championship game at SBU, one I could actually take my son too, which was something none of us will forget.

Since I'm tooting my own horn :P , a few year back I started the "Albany Sports Thread" in email with about 18 alumni on there. It is devoted to updating everyone with articles, recruits, events and other Danes related information. Anyone can opt out and be removed at any time (not one person has asked to be removed) and it keeps them all up to date on what is going on and many have become a lot more involved due to that thread. Much of the info I share comes from this very site so I THANK YOU all for that!!! Fun stuff!!!

I originally was going to post this in the JMU thread but realized it made more sense here. I was responding to the mass production of the bobble head comment.

"i wouldn't be surprised if they aren't mass producing them because it makes it something people want when you don't have a lot of them. Which is likely the point to get people to the game.. Again ..we couldn't even get 30 season ticket holders or regular fans on a bus to RI..gotta get buts into the chairs some how. Just saying that was pretty sad. Fans have to do their part too..we all do. We gotta do more than talk and complain. Donating time, money, and getting friends and family to games is putting passion into action. Things just don't change because we want them to. Get involved because when you don't your voice won't ever be heard and you'll only be complaining to others who don't get involved either...I mean we've all seen those threads on here.. yeah ... I said it :)

I feel like a PSA announcement lol...but being someone who does donates my time and funds I can personally say that your voice can be heard by people who can make a real difference at the school if you get involved. Not trying to toot my own horn because I know there are a lot of people on here that do the same, but I just had to say it since we all have a chance to have our voices heard. It's especially important now with the change of guard in athletics and a new president. Okay I'm done and off my soap box. "

Well said and agree!