UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1/25 Double Header Sunday & Coaches Cure CF Game

I will preface this with the fact that I think our dance team and cheer team do a very good job compared to some of the others we've seen (LCC, IMO)...but since your daughter cheers, can I ask you a question (maybe you can ask her lol)? Why is ALL of their music super high pitched and/or treble turned up to the max? Also, why is it incredibly loud? Do they ask for it like that? While the girls do a great job, their music makes my ears hurt (and I'm a musician/used to loud music). Just thinking about it makes them hurt. It's almost as bad as that announcer at the football games lol.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't blame Hartford if they felt a little disrespected. Up 24 points with under a minute to go, and Coach Abe still had four of five starters out there, and she was trapping at half-court.

At the end of the men's game, the guys behind me were wondering why Will didn't empty the bench for the last four minutes, considering Hooley's gone. Really just a 7-man rotation plus Peters with 12 minutes. Sam, Dallas and Evan with over thirty minutes.

Just watched the replay of the women's game. There's a thought process that it's up to the trailing team to back off and pull its starters before the leading team needs to, and Hartford still had most of their starters in to the end. (see also Albany football vs. Villanova). OTOH the UMBC men don't have much choice.

You are correct. It is up to the losing team to concede and pull their starters and the winning team will put in the bench.

The refs lost control with about three to go and starting watching TV(monitors)which should be in the parking lot and not on the sidelines.

I can't blame Hartford if they felt a little disrespected. Up 24 points with under a minute to go, and Coach Abe still had four of five starters out there, and she was trapping at half-court.

At the end of the men's game, the guys behind me were wondering why Will didn't empty the bench for the last four minutes, considering Hooley's gone. Really just a 7-man rotation plus Peters with 12 minutes. Sam, Dallas and Evan with over thirty minutes.

Just watched the replay of the women's game. There's a thought process that it's up to the trailing team to back off and pull its starters before the leading team needs to, and Hartford still had most of their starters in to the end. (see also Albany football vs. Villanova). OTOH the UMBC men don't have much choice.

I was too focused on the UA players; good catch.