UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Town Hall Meetings

Eli

First meeting is being held tonight, at 5:30pm, before the UVM game in the HOF Room. Won't be able to attend this one but if someone could share some of the details, that would be great.

Details here: http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211423497

Edited by Eli

Maybe 20-25 people there. Not a whole lot was said. Talked about the importance of GDAC, and how other schools do the same thing, how each scholarship athlete costs $36K on the books.

They gave out next year's FB and BB ticket prices. FB goes on sale Feb. 1, same day as signing day. Schedule will be released that day too.

Compared our FB prices and donation requirements to James Madison and UNH, BB prices to Siena, UVM and Stony Brook to show what a bargain we are (my words.)

Explained the Priority Points system.

I wish they would do the following for BB, immediately and was going to ask the following if I had attended (sending an email is 'eh'...usually results in lip service, getting put on the spot in front of 30 people might yield so more results).

1) Ticket booth by SEFCU lot entrance. When I bring my fiance to games, I need to buy her a ticket and sometimes I don't know far enough in advance to contact ticket office and have them leave one with the scanner. So I need to lug my booty all the way to the other side of the arena. I know, first world problems but after all the money I've given the school both in athletics and tuition as an alum, it's the least they could do.

2) Concessions near the SEFCU lot entrance. First game of the year I was able to use the one by the band, but evidently now it's only for the people who sit in the nice yellow courtside seats. I was turned away a few games ago, my money was no good there. That's, frankly, some BS. We should have another concession stand on the opposite side of the arena open to all fans and not just the one up stairs. 2 years ago (or was it last year) they had the one under the bleachers by the cheerleaders but that is no longer there.

I know, small potatoes, but it's stuff that should be a no brainer and super easy to fix.

===========

Did they say how much the prices would be for next year? I remember some folks here not being too pleased with the % of increase this season.

Edited by Eli

They gave out a handout with all the prices. Chair backs would be $250 of which $100 is considered the donation piece. Cheapest seats would be $150. Football would be 75 for the berm . 100 for section 201 and 208. 125 or 150 including donation for the rest of the non gold seats

• Like 1

They gave out a handout with all the prices. Chair backs would be $250 of which $100 is considered the donation piece. Cheapest seats would be $150. Football would be 75 for the berm . 100 for section 201 and 208. 125 or 150 including donation for the rest of the non gold seats

Thanks Bob.

Last years price, for my seats:

FB: Sec. 205: $130.00

MBB: Sec. 200: $210.00

So that's an increase of the following for 2017:

FB: $20 or +15.38% (to $150 from $130 in 2016)

MBB: $40 or +19.05% (to $250 from $210 in 2016)

2016 increase was:

FB: $40 or +44.44% (to $130 from $90 in 2015)

MBB: $10 or +4.76% (to $210 for MBB from $200 for MBB/WBB in 2015)

Edited by Eli

I was not able to attend as I was on my way back from nyc. But I think you all are missing something or HAS SOMETHING CHANGED?

The $100 minimum GDAC donation is only required once. If you pay it for football, you do not need to pay it again for basketball. Chairbacks for basketball would thus be $150, same as this year's {$150 + $50 $iena 2016 only add on}.

I believe this is all spelled out in the multi-page "Great Dane Athletic Club" 2016 GDAC membership brochure. All GDAC members should have a copy of this.

So unless there has been some change that I am not aware of, tickets for 2017-2018 should be less than 2016-17; one less football game & no $iena premium.

Edited by dslyank

Thanks Bob.

Last years price, for my seats:

FB: Sec. 205: $130.00

MBB: Sec. 200: $210.00

So that's an increase of the following for 2017:

FB: $20 or +15.38% (to $150 from $130 in 2016)

MBB: $40 or +19.05% (to $250 from $210 in 2016)

2016 increase was:

FB: $40 or +44.44% (to $130 from $90 in 2015)

MBB: $10 or +4.76% (to $210 for MBB from $200 for MBB/WBB in 2015)

My understanding from what they said was donation counts towards both football and basketball. 100 donation + another 100 for football and 150 for basketball would cover a seat in the area you mentioned for each .