UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

54 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Thanks for the twitter info. Glad to see coach and the team with a little chip on their shoulders about pre-season rankings. Liked his comment, even though pre-season polls are pretty meaningless, it still is a little hurtful to be ranked behind teams we have consistently beaten of late and to teams who have not won much of late. 

I think that's why the big push in the weight room this fall from the team. Heard some of the younger guys put on 10-20 pounds after fall ball.

5 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

If you don't follow ualbany sports on twitter there is a nice little blurb with Coach Marr about the kickoff of the season.

I saw it, tried to copy it but haven't been able to.

Edited by HOF2013

On 1/17/2019 at 1:42 PM, UAFAN said:

Good read.  Mostly right on.  I agree with coach a little on the pre-season ranking.  A chip on the shoulder is a good thing in this case!

On 1/16/2019 at 10:04 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I think that's why the big push in the weight room this fall from the team. Heard some of the younger guys put on 10-20 pounds after fall ball.

I have what is probably a pretty ignorant question:  but with the new shot clock aren't quickness and speed and endurance probably more important assets?????  I guess if you have an extra 10-20lbs without losing any of the above, best of all?

Also, looking/hoping for a report from you from Rutgers!

I think it is both, but in our last two NCAA defeats , at least to my semi trained eye, I would say we were physically outmatched at some positions. So I like the fact that we are bigger.

i will definitely report in from Rutgers.

i think they are making a day trip out of it. This will be Rutgers second scrimmage so they should be ahead of us. I know the team practiced inside today so I would expect us to pretty rough on some things, but it will be a good early test.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

IL today profiled vermont for about the third or fourth time since last season. IL seems to have a real hot-on {trying to be politically correct} for vermont. Article said vt was pre-season #2 in AmEast, even though not by AmEast vote? Did say they tied cuse (11-11)  in a closed scrimmage saturday, making the point that last years 12-4 record was not a fluke. The fact that they had one of the weakest schedules in the country last year and the possibility that cuse may be overrated, still leaves me skeptical.

ps.  cuse will be without Staats [season ending injury] and defensive midfielder Dami Oladunmoye  [academics.]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dslyank said:

IL today profiled vermont for about the third or fourth time since last season. IL seems to have a real hot-on {trying to be politically correct} for vermont. Article said vt was pre-season #2 in AmEast, even though not by AmEast vote? Did say they tied cuse (11-11)  in a closed scrimmage saturday, making the point that last years 12-4 record was not a fluke. The fact that they had one of the weakest schedules in the country last year and the possibility that cuse may be overrated, still leaves me skeptical.

ps.  cuse will be without Staats [season ending injury] and defensive midfielder Dami Oladunmoye  [academics.]

The media is having a love fest with Vermont, but I still think the second best team might be Stony Brook.

5 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

The media is having a love fest with Vermont, but I still think the second best team might be Stony Brook.

We destroyed VT last year. The media loved them then too.  Did they lose anybody?   Their schedule helped screw the league last year!!!!