UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Doc Sauers Court

Most places we play have courts with some acknowledgment of a past great or a builder of the program. If Doc Sauers is not that, I don't know anyone who could be. What do we have to do to have SEFCU arena's court named 'Doc Sauers Court'? I could think of no greater tribute to the man who did so much for the UA basketball program. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KingDane said:

Most places we play have courts with some acknowledgment of a past great or a builder of the program. If Doc Sauers is not that, I don't know anyone who could be. What do we have to do to have SEFCU arena's court named 'Doc Sauers Court'? I could think of no greater tribute to the man who did so much for the UA basketball program. 

I brought this up several months ago.  Way overdue before the Legend is no longer with us.  Someone replied that it was money.  This is not a business naming the court for a fee or even a large donation from someone(ie. Binghamton court).  This would be no different than Vermont naming the court after Brennan.  I surely hope that SEFCU did not get a clause in their contract that court naming goes thru them so not to affect their footprint in the arena.  Alum and former players should get a hold of Benson and look into it for next season.  Only cost a few bucks to put his signature on the floor, pick a Sat home game, cover it, unveil it with Doc, and done.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2019 at 9:06 AM, nysteve661 said:

I brought this up several months ago.  Way overdue before the Legend is no longer with us.  Someone replied that it was money.  This is not a business naming the court for a fee or even a large donation from someone(ie. Binghamton court).  This would be no different than Vermont naming the court after Brennan.  I surely hope that SEFCU did not get a clause in their contract that court naming goes thru them so not to affect their footprint in the arena.  Alum and former players should get a hold of Benson and look into it for next season.  Only cost a few bucks to put his signature on the floor, pick a Sat home game, cover it, unveil it with Doc, and done.

As I said in an earlier comment, money and politics ... I think The throwback uniforms from the 50's and bring out Doc to center court is as close as we get to naming Doc Sauers Court... Sadly